Gap year opportunities
As well as doing something to benefit society, you could be improving your employment prospects. If you are interested in learning new skills you may also find our gap year information useful.
To add a volunteer work opportunity to this page, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Featured gap year providers
- BUNAC - Working Adventures Worldwide
- Work and travel in an exciting new country for up to 12 months so you can delve into the culture and explore everything that these countries have to offer by booking onto our work abroad programmes in Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the USA.
- The Challenge
- Continue your own professional development and make a difference to your local community. Our three-week programmes include outdoor activities, skill development and community service. We also have paid
positions lasting from two to nine weeks throughout the summer.
- ESL Language Travel
- Spend your gap year learning a foreign language. Choose a course in over 200 destinations around the world.
- Four-month internships teaching English and learning Mandarin in the Sichuan province, one of China's most enigmatic and beautiful regions.
- Choose from over 300 projects in countries throughout Africa, South America, Europe and Australasia, giving you unlimited adventures and excursions in beautiful locations.
- Gap 360
- 200+ gap year opportunities including volunteering, working holidays, teaching abroad and adventure travel... from 2 weeks to 2 years
- Volunteering, travel and work experience opportunities in a variety of areas including diving, skiing, medicine, teaching and expedition training. Programmes from two weeks to four months.
- Spend 6 or 12 months getting paid to teach English in tropical Thailand, earning enough to save and fund your travels in Asia. Well paid TEFL jobs for graduates are also available in China, Russia, South Korea, Hong Kong and Malaysia. Gain the experience of a lifetime, now!
- Gain a TEFL qualification while travelling the world and getting paid.
- Kaya Responsible Travel
- Combine world travel and work experience to improve lives, environments and your CV, on over 180 volunteering projects across Asia, Africa and Latin America.
Teach and travel across the world. Choose from destinations like Thailand, Cambodia, China, South Africa and Colombia - while taking on exciting travel activities you will also gain an amazing teaching experience.
- One-year teaching positions in Spain. Meddeas are offering selected candidates the opportunity to receive specific training and get paid.
- 1-week to 6-month animal, child care, teaching and conservation projects available in Asia, Africa, Central and South America.
- Projects Abroad
- We offer placements in 28 different countries ranging from volunteering with children, conservation work and internships. Placements range from 2 weeks to 6 months.
- Raleigh International
- We offer 5, 7 and 10-week overseas expeditions to remote areas, where you can volunteer on sustainable community and environmental projects, and take on a tough adventure challenge.
- Travellers Worldwide
- Placements in over 200 projects in 20 countries including conservation, care, teaching, tourism, media, finance, law, engineering and much more.