About the role
On offer is a demanding and interesting Test Automation Analyst role that will challenge your skills on a daily basis.
Working in an Agile environment as part of the Software Test Team, you will liaise closely with the Development Team (front and back-end developers), Software Architects, Business Analysts, and Product Owners.
Your duties include taking responsibility for assuring that the project team's deliverables meet the business requirements.
From the creation of test cases, the appropriate implementation of individual tests and the logging of the outcomes, you will communicate the results to the wider team.
You will be able to take a story from the initial idea, plan and agree appropriate acceptance tests and automate as much of the testing effort as possible.
- You must hold an ISEB / ISTQB Certification and hold a technical qualification preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent from a recognised institution.
- Experience in Agile testing, creating test plans and test strategies, working closely with key stakeholders and/or product owners.
- Be able to confidently and independently write automated tests using WebDriver, Cucumber, Page-Objects and preferably using Java and CSS.
- Familiar with Continuous Integration Tools such as Jenkins.
- Familiar with API test automation using WireMock, Rest Assured or similar libraries.
- Excellent debugging and analytical skills to analyse formal test results to discover defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues and interoperability.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter, with attention to detail, able to work independently with a diverse range of IT team members (i.e. front-end developers, back-end developers), Product Owners, and Systems Analysts. Strong organisational and time management skills are a must.
Prospects have been bringing graduates and employers together for nearly 50 years. Our satisfied clients include major blue-chip recruiters, local authorities and SMEs. For many companies and organisations looking to recruit talented and well-qualified graduates, Prospects is the first choice. For some, it's the only choice.
£28,000 plus 29 days holiday + bank holidays, pension and monthly cash bonus, Health Cash plan scheme, 35 hour working week and excellent learning and development opportunities.
If you think you have what it takes, please send your CV & covering letter to Heather Davenport email@example.com detailing why you think you are the right person to join our team. Please quote ref GP255.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. Please note we do not sponsor candidates.
- Graduate Prospects is committed to diversity, equality and inclusivity.
- Applications will be held on file for six months after the closing date. After this they will be confidentially shredded. If you do not wish us to keep your details on file, please let us know during the application process.