About the role
We put the user at the heart of our decision making, so we are looking for an experienced senior UX researcher to take a lead role within our product and design development cycle.
Your job is to build and maintain a really robust understanding of users and their behaviour to inform decision making. You will be developing and managing a programme of both quantitative and qualitative research across the product lifecycle - helping the business understand what new products and features to prioritise, enabling designers to test and iterate their designs, and measuring the success of features that have been launched to market.
Collaborating closely with the product team, UX designers, developers and content managers, you will lead an inter-departmental UX function, responsible for enabling the business to make decisions based on proven customer insights and inspiring the company to believe in user-centred research methods.
This is an exciting opportunity to influence how we shape our products and services to achieve our mission of guiding all students and graduates to a brilliant career.
- Plan and moderate user research studies, using a wide range of qualitative and quantitative methods, to gain an understanding of user needs and behaviour.
- Clearly communicate research findings to Product, UX Design and key stakeholders.
- Apply experience and knowledge in human factors and the user-centred design process to an agile development environment.
- Conduct in-house research to test new product and concepts.
- Advocate the merits of UCD and UX both to the wider business and externally.
You are likely to be a UX consultant or senior UX researcher in a similar role.
It's essential that you have UX research experience (especially in user testing), with key skills in critical thinking and analysis to evaluate findings and translate these into insight and recommendations.
You will enjoy working collaboratively and cross-functionally, will have strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to present findings concisely and effectively to stakeholders, senior directors and the leadership team.
You will have:
- a suitable graduate or postgraduate qualification
- an excellent portfolio of research practice across the spectrum of design, covering different platforms and services
- expertise in qualitative and quantitative digital research with broad experience of user research methodologies including interviews, usability testing, surveys, co-design workshops, competitor analysis, data analysis, running focus groups, card sorting, AB testing, interpreting and presenting research findings
- worked in an agile development environment
- worked closely with senior stakeholders to understand business objectives and communicate an insights-based strategy to deliver them
- proven ability to lead workshops
- played a significant role in creating initial concepts for brand new products and features based user research and competitor analysis
- strong commercial awareness
- good strategic and analytical skills
- strong influencing and communications skills
- excellent planning and organisational skills.
£35k - £45k depending on experience; 29 days holiday + bank holidays; pension; health cash plan scheme; 35-hour working week with the opportunity for flexible working; excellent learning and development opportunities, as well as the opportunity to influence how we develop our services to provide all future students and graduates with everything they need to find the right career.
If you think you have what it takes, please send your CV and covering letter, along with samples of work, to Heather Davenport via firstname.lastname@example.org detailing why you think you are the right person to join our team. Please quote ref GP 246.
- Only successful candidates that meet the criteria for the role will be contacted.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK for the next 12 months.
- GP is committed toward Equal Opportunities.
- Applications will be held on file for six months after the closing date. After this they will be confidentially shredded. If you do not wish us to keep your details on file, please let us know during the application process.