About the role
Graduate Prospects are looking for an infrastructure engineer to join the IT team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Log, investigate, assist with Infrastructure support cases in a timely manner.
- Keep abreast of recent in-house and commercial software developments and perform software deployments.
- Maintain web service uptimes and ensure 24/7 availability for critical services.
- Provide end user support for desktop, laptop and remote users.
- Provide stakeholders with regular updates for ongoing issues.
- Maintain the IT infrastructure asset register as appropriate.
- Monitor the daily health of systems by checking event logs and alerting relevant staff to potential issues.
- Perform server and workstation installations and upgrades when necessary.
- Assist with system backups.
- Participate in the out of hours IT support rota.
You will have at least three years 'hands on' experience in a technical role supporting corporate networks and workstations. With the ability to hit the ground running, you will be able to logically think through and fix issues that are sometimes outside the comfort zone.
You will have sound experience in the following areas:
- Software application deployment.
- Setting up and administering networks.
- Windows Server Administration.
- Windows 7 and Microsoft Office Administration.
- Installing gardware.
- Experience of backing up systems.
- The ability to find solutions to technical challenges.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
In addition, if you have experience in the following areas, it would be advantageous:
- supporting phone systems
- hands on experience with Cisco Routers, Switches and Firewalls
- Internet Information Server Skills
- Administering MSQL Server
- Exchange Server experience
- Terminal Server Experience
- CRM experience.
£21,000-£24,000 plus 29 days holiday + bank holidays, pension and monthly cash bonus, Health Cash plan scheme, 35 hour working week and excellent learning and development opportunities.
How to apply
If you think you have what it takes to be part of our team, let us know by sending your CV and cover letter, to Heather Davenport email@example.com. Please quote ref GP231 in the subject line of your application. The postal address is Graduate Prospects, Prospects House, Booth Street East, Manchester M13 9EP.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Graduate Prospects is committed to promoting equal opportunities.
- Applications will be held on file for six months after the closing date. After this they will be confidentially shredded. If you do not wish for us to keep your details on file, please let us know during the application process.
Prospects is the UK's leading graduate careers expert, inspiring life-changing choices with unrivalled information, advice and opportunities for success. We've been bringing graduates and employers together for over 40 years and our satisfied clients include major blue-chip recruiters, local authorities and SMEs. We have a proud history, a commitment to quality and the development of our team, demonstrated by ISO9001 and Investors in People accreditations.