Graduate Prospects is looking to recruit a Lead Front End Developer for our Manchester office. This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a great environment and get your work seen on some very high-traffic websites
You will be able to show us a portfolio that demonstrates an excellent ability to produce websites and applications using semantic mark-up and best practice techniques.
Our commitment to user-centred design within an Agile software development life-cycle demands that colleagues from a variety of disciplines - front and back end developers, testers, product owners, UX researchers and designers, and others - collaborate effectively to help create our market-leading web-based products and services. It is vital to our working culture that you are an excellent communicator, able to create and maintain strong working relationships with the development and UX teams, and the wider organisation.
You'll have the opportunity to build front end products from the ground up, choosing the technologies and frameworks that are the best fit for the job, and driving the front end team in new directions.
- Competent to take on full responsibility for front end architecture.
- Diplomatic team player and able to lead a small front end team.
- Strong knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Experience with server-side environments such as Node, build tools such as gulp.
- Experience of solving cross-browser/platform/device issues .
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Self-starter, eager to learn and quick to pick up new concepts and techniques.
- Ability to build accessible websites as described in the ARIA specification.
- Experience working with responsive grid systems including bootstrap.
- Familiarity with CSS pre-processors (SASS).
- Knowledge of version control systems (Git).
- Experience of Agile/KANBAN development process.
Graduate Prospects is the UK's leading graduate recruitment media owner, with over 40 years' expertise in helping students and graduates enter the world of work and further study. Prospects.ac.uk, our main website, attracts 2 million unique users per month.
We are committed to equal opportunities and demonstrate a commitment to quality and the development of our team through ISO9000 and Investors in People accreditations. On offer, for the right person, is a basic salary of circa £35,000 and a generous benefit package including contributory pension, monthly cash bonus, flexible working hours (35p/w), 29 days holiday and a free health cash plan scheme. If you think you have what it takes to become part of our successful team, then delay no further.
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter, with links to examples of your work, to Heather Davenport at firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job reference: GP240. Closing date for applications is noon on Friday 25th May 2018. Applications without covering letters or links to examples of work will not be considered.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted and please note we reserve the right to close the vacancy early in light of a large response.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
- Applications will be held on file for six months after the closing date. After this they will be confidentially shredded. If you do not wish for us to keep your details on file, please let us know during the application process.
- Graduate Prospects is committed to promoting equal opportunities.