Salary £35-45k dependent on experience, plus 29 days holiday + bank holidays, pension and monthly cash bonus, Health Cash plan scheme, 35-hour working week and excellent learning and development opportunities.
For over 40 years, Prospects has been bringing graduates and employers together. Our satisfied clients include major blue-chip recruiters, local authorities and SMEs. For many companies and organisations looking to recruit talented and well-qualified graduates, Prospects is the first choice. For some, it's the only choice.
We want our developers to continue to boost their professional skills and qualifications to help us meet our challenges head-on. We now have the opportunity for more passionate, proactive and committed people like you to join them...
So, what could I get involved in?
You'll be given the opportunity to make a difference from day one - being the front-end lead in new and ongoing projects that add to the continued business success of Prospects. The learning curve will be a challenge you're eager to conquer. And we'll be there to support you all the way. As an Investors In People accredited organisation, we fully support and encourage Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
As a front-end developer at Prospects, you will be working for a company with a flexible working policy, as part of a small Agile development team in which you will lead the front-end sub-team. You will find yourself in a friendly atmosphere where the work will be varied and based around the latest technologies. You will be involved in both the architecting and development of new web applications and the maintenance of existing ones.
What skills and experience do I need?
- You consider yourself an architect, comfortable with making the decisions about which technologies to use in a "greenfield" project.
- You can manage and build your projects using Node, npm, gulp etc.
- You know how to test the front-ends that you develop on multiple levels, and how to automate your tests in a continuous integration environment.
- You are a strong advocate for semantic and accessible HTML using HTML5 and the ARIA specification.
- You have an awareness of OWASP security principles.
- You are great at working in a team and a good communicator, happy to make communicating with your team a significant element of your daily job.
- You have excellent spoken and written English.
- You must be eligible to work in the UK.
The next step
If you think you are what we're looking for, please submit your CV, covering letter and an example of your code, preferably on GitHub or similar, along with your current salary and package to Heather Davenport quoting ref GP247 to email@example.com, detailing why you would be suitable for this position. The postal address is Graduate Prospects, Prospects House, Booth Street East, Manchester M13 9EP.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.