We’re looking for more people to join our team of almost 550, to share our passion for doing the right thing even bigger and better than we do already. In a fast paced and competitive market, we know it’s our people who make the difference. We’ve learnt how important it is to recognise, develop and promote from within; and that trusting people lets them come up with the best ideas and that helps our entrepreneurial spirit to thrive.
We’re on the hunt for an intelligent and driven new analyst to join our team who is keen to learn and contribute from the get-go. Our analysis team is small and at the core of our business so whilst you’ll primarily be supporting the buying team, you’ll have the opportunity to work across multiple departments, giving you a fascinating overview of the business. You’ll be working on insightful and valuable weekly reporting to help inform the way we work. Your first project could be to work with our Buyers to implement a strategy for a new product range to maximise sales and repurchase rates. You will be an important support to decision makers within the business, expected to contribute ideas and work with agility and pace.
We have a fun, collaborative and inclusive working environment at Abel & Cole. We love to be bold and try new things and in this role, you’ll transform data into meaningful and actionable insight to help shape this. We will provide great training in SQL, Google Analytics and Power BI so if you fancy picking up new skills and putting them to use quickly, enjoy solving problems and working on new things then this is the perfect role for you.
Here’s what you’ll be getting up to:
- Working with our buyers on seasonal product ranges to grow sales at key times of the year
- Modelling the impact of new products on existing ranges to drive strategic decision making and actions for future product launches
- Measuring the success rate of new product ranges and defining success criteria for new launches
- Lead subscription reviews to drive sales and product retention
- Providing invaluable customer and sales insight for our buying team through regular range and product reviews
- Working with the rest of the analysis team to track and optimise our customer segmentation
- Report the impact of out of stock products and credits on sales
- Drive and report on test and learn strategies to grow subscription sales
- Demand forecasting for key suppliers and our internal supply chain planning team
What we offer:
- 37.5 hours per week, Mon - Fri
- 30 days inclusive of bank holidays
- A free box of fruit and veg every week (It’s pretty delicious!) alongside company discount of up to 35%
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Grants for sport, performing arts, education and non-vocational courses
- Contributory pension scheme
- Lunch club.
Abel & Cole promotes equal opportunities for all employees. We want our employees to develop their talents to the full for the benefit of all. Members of staff are expected to take personal responsibility for keeping our workplace free from discrimination - a place where everyone is treated respectfully.
What we are looking for
- A natural problem solver and clear analytical thinker
- Self-motivation, organisation and desire to take ownership
- Good commercial awareness with strong numeracy ability
- Ability to make good analytical recommendations
- Strong data presentation and communication skills
- Strong desire to develop personal skills through learning and sharing ideas
- Confidence to contribute to discussion and brainstorming
- Ability to multitask and work on multiple campaigns at once.
- Resourceful and independent
- Keen to try new things at pace
- Analysis experience not necessary, we’ll train you
Educated to degree level (or equivalent).
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 4 September 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment