Are you ready for a fast track into a leadership role in transport?
Welcome aboard, this high-speed service to ‘a rewarding career in transport’ where you’ll experience:
- A leadership development programme with hands-on business experience in different Abellio companies
- Working with people at all levels and backgrounds – from directors to front line colleagues, and of course, our customers
- A tailored development programme for engineering and general management
The programme is a ticket to the development path of becoming a senior leader within our business – giving you skills in:
- Operational management
- Decision making
- Project management
- Managing people
You’ll try a variety of roles across our businesses, gaining a mix of practical and theoretical knowledge, and working with people at all levels.
Your on-the-job learning will be complemented by a range of inductions across Abellio, attending leadership development workshops, various skills training courses, receiving coaching and mentoring throughout the programme from senior colleagues.
You will gain experience in key areas of transport operations and build an understanding of the business, its strategy, its environment, and its stakeholders.
You will also have the opportunity to meet other graduates and colleagues from our European parent and sister companies and you will be supported to develop the values and behaviours of the Abellio Way and become a member of the Abellio family.
Along the way you’ll receive:
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Leadership development programme and industry related skills training
- Mentoring from a senior manager /director
- Coaching from a qualified coach
- Pension scheme with generous employer contribution, Life assurance, travel pass or season ticket loan, medical insurance, health cash plan, annual health checks and other wellbeing schemes and many more
- Networking opportunities with other graduates and Abellio team members at all levels
How to get your ticket to this career
With those benefits, it’s not surprising that graduate trainee places are highly competitive.
- Programme Start date: September 2020
- Length: Two years – one-month induction, and one five-month placement followed by three six-month placements
- Location: Various UK (Glasgow, Liverpool, Derby, Birmingham and London)
What we are looking for
Before you apply, please check that you are:
- A pro-active team player, keen to learn, genuine and ambitious, with a why-not and a positive yes-we-can attitude and approach your work with enthusiasm, ownership and bags of energy
- Passionate about the transport industry, the modernisation of UK rail and desire to make a meaningful difference
- Ready to start building a long-term career and be open to variety of career routes which Abellio will provide
- Prepared to get involved and get ‘your hands dirty’, especially during peak travel times – because our customers come first.
- A creative problem-solver, highly proactive and enjoy making things happen
- An outstanding communicator with interpersonal skills to match
- Able to build positive and highly effective relationships at all levels and with people from all backgrounds
- Proactive and take ownership of your own development and learning as well as the tasks and projects assigned to you, and be accountable for their successful completion
You will need at least a 2:2 bachelor’s degree in any discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
- Competitive salary
How to apply
To reserve yourself a seat on this first class training there are three steps;
- Complete and online application by 20 December
- If successful, you’ll be invited to an assessment centre in February / March 2020
- Successful candidates will be notified by March / April and will start in September 2020
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 20 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 20 December 2019