- The position involves working as a key member of a small team.
- After an initial period of training the post holder will be expected to make a strong contribution to their area of the business in providing the highest possible standards of service to the company's clients.
- There will be the opportunity to earn a bonus based on individual performance and the contribution made to the profitability of the business overall.
- Study support for relevant professional exams, either the examinations of the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries or the Pensions Management Institute, is expected to be provided in the future in relation to this position.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Writing actuarial and pension reports in connection with divorce / personal injury / employment tribunal settlements.
- Mathematical modelling associated with actuarial valuation and other calculation spreadsheets.
- Performing data collection and data analysis on cases and communicating with external organisations and clients as required.
- Providing quotations for new business enquiries.
What we are looking for
- Strong technical skills associated with creating spreadsheets, excellent report writing skills and possess the ability to quickly develop analytical skills for pension modelling.
- A confident communicator on the telephone, will need to be hard working, highly self motivated, be able to work to tight deadlines and have the ability to get on with the job with minimal supervision once fully trained.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and be a good team player in a small dynamic team.
- Previous experience of pensions would be an advantage
- Degree in mathematics or actuarial sciences preferred (minimum 2:2).
- Consideration will also be given to candidates with a 2:1 or higher in a science, engineering or finance type degree with significant mathematical content
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Wetherby · Flexible home working is possible
- £20,000 - £30,000
Opportunity to earn a bonus based upon on performance and the contribution made to the profitability of the business overall, flexible working hours, study support, workplace pension scheme, death in service life assurance scheme
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 10 February 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 10 February 2021