About Admiral Group
The Admiral Graduate Programme has been running since 2006, so we have plenty of experience in training and developing graduates into successful and long term employees. 80% of our grads (2006-2016) still work for us, a retention rate that fills us with pride.
Admiral runs two main graduate programmes: Core and Analyst. We also have a Law Programme, which is slightly different, as it is run separately by Admiral Law. You can find out more on our Graduate Law Programme page.
During the summers we run internships for undergraduates and MBA students. They are typically of 10-12 weeks duration. We generally recruit for these in February. You can find out more in our work experience section.
Applications for our core and analyst graduate programmes will open on Friday 8 September for a start date in either February or September 2018.
Our Core Programme is open to students of any academic discipline, though we like to see a strong research based degree, such as business, history, English, geography, politics, and psychology. This scheme is 18 months in length and encompasses three six-month placements across a wide variety of business functions, allowing the graduate a rich opportunity to acquire a wide range of new experiences and exposure to the culture and methodology that has made Admiral such a success story.
For the Analyst Programme, we are looking for students of STEM subjects, in particular mathematics, physics, and engineering. Candidates for this scheme need to demonstrate strong statistical analysis skills, alongside the ability to apply logic from the real world. Our analyst scheme is 24 months in length. Employees who make it onto this Programme will complete three eight- month placements in data rich business functions, such as Management Information (MI), pricing, business analytics, claims and operations.
Both Graduate Programmes begin with a tailor made five week induction, the perfect opportunity to form new networks and make new friends! There is also a comprehensive overview of our business culture and the products we offer in all our territories, as well as training on some of the softer skills and an opportunity to get involved in fun team building exercises. This is all designed to help you shine on your placements and ensure you get the most out of our stimulating opportunities.
Beyond this, it's about nurturing talent effectively so that graduates are in a strong position to go on and become future innovators and leaders at a variety of levels within Admiral.
- Applications open: 8 September 2017
- Start date: February or September 2018
- Salary: £20,000, plus £3,600 in shares every year
- Location: Ty Admiral (Admiral HQ), Cardiff, Wales
- Length of scheme: 18-24 months (depending on the scheme)
- Schemes available: Admiral Graduate Programme (open to all subjects), Admiral Analyst Graduate Programme (STEM subjects), Admiral Law Programme (please see specific page for key facts)
Some of our benefits
- £3,600 in shares every year
- Free gym membership
- Free fruit every day
- Free tickets to sponsored events
- Time off for charity work
- Flexible working hours
- All grads receive a business mentor as well as a graduate buddy
- Voted one of the top workplaces in the UK/Europe for the last 14 years
- The only FTSE 100 company in Wales
- Admiral’s core graduate scheme has been running since 2006, so we have plenty of experience in helping people on the first rung of the career ladder
- An 80% retention rate of graduates from 2006-2016
- You will gain a nationally recognised qualification with the Institute of Leadership & Management (ILM level two and three)
- You will also receive General Insurance training, as well as training on a variety of important soft skills.
- We have offices in the UK, USA, Canada, France, Italy, Spain, India and China, so there is the prospect of an overseas opportunity if there is the business demand at the time of placement rotations.
- You will be supported every step of the way to reach your professional goals and build your career. We want you to be happy and we want you to succeed
- Core Programme: 2:1 or above in any discipline
- Analyst Programme: 2:1 or above in mathematics, engineering, physics, economics or similar logic based degree
- The right to live and work in the UK (we do not sponsor visas for these positions)
- You must be available to work full time
Don't worry if you graduated a few years ago, we'd still love to hear from you.
business, consulting and management, accountancy, banking and finance, law