For our Analyst Graduate Programme we are looking for ambitious and enthusiastic graduates with a real passion for working with numbers, data and new technology to join the fast paced world of financial services at our Cardiff based headquarters.
Our Analyst Graduate Programme will give you a solid grounding in how we use data to gain a competitive advantage. Over a 24 month period you will complete three different eight month rotations in data functions such as pricing (motor and home), telematics data, management information, business analytics and claims solutions.
We invest heavily in you and your personal and professional development and you’ll be encouraged to challenge yourself and gain new skills throughout your time on the programme. You’ll be trained in our chosen statistical tool, SAS, and you’ll gain a nationally recognised professional management qualification through the Admiral Academy and the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM). We will also give you the opportunity to gain additional qualifications in areas such as specialist insurance, or a Masters degree in statistics and operational research. All qualifications are fully sponsored by us.
In addition to the support of the Graduate Programme Manager, you'll have your own dedicated business mentor and a graduate buddy for personal support and professional guidance throughout the graduate programme.
We currently have operations in Spain, Italy, France, the USA, Canada, India and China, so there may be opportunities to work alongside your overseas colleagues to share best practice and transfer knowledge. This can include visits abroad, which can vary anywhere from a few days to a few months or even years.
By the end of the Analyst Graduate Programme you will be ready to move into a permanent role and our aim is for the programme to help pave the way for you to have a successful and rewarding career as an analyst within one of our data rich functions.
Programme facts and figures
- Start date in either February or September 2018
- Starting salary of £20,000, reviewed annually based on your performance
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays (pro rata on starting), plus up to three days unpaid leave
- 39.5 working hours per week (Monday-Friday)
- 24 month comprehensive training programme with a five week induction period
- Up to £3,600 in shares every year, plus 100 additional shares through the Discretionary Free Share Scheme (DFSS)
- Gym membership at top city centre hotels
- Free fruit provided every day
- Flexible working hours and time off for charity work
- ILM qualification, SAS training and further professional development opportunities
- A business mentor and graduate buddy
- Working and living in one of the best cities in Europe (download our Life in Cardiff brochure)
- Explore all our benefits
As the only FTSE 100 Company in Wales and ranked by the Sunday Times as the second best big company to work for in 2017, Admiral is an exciting place to launch your career from.
We’re an innovative, profitable and fast-growing financial services company launched in 1993. Admiral has grown from being a small start-up into the UK’s third largest car insurance provider. Our history is one of amazing growth and inspired innovation. And while our business has changed dramatically over the years, there’s one thing that’s remained the same: our working culture.
We’re proud to be an entrepreneurial workplace with a start-up mentality. Admiral is constantly innovating and launching new products, services and markets both here in the UK and overseas. We now operate across eight countries with a diverse product portfolio.
Admiral’s success goes hand-in-hand with having a strong people focussed culture. Our philosophy is a simple yet effective one: “People who like what they do, do it better”. We now have over 9,000 employees, who are right at the heart of our success. We put a lot of effort and investment into making sure our organisation is a happy and supportive place to work, where challenge and career development are encouraged and fun is never frowned upon. Admiral has an honest, open culture that’s wholeheartedly focused on four key areas: communication, equality, reward and recognition, and fun.
- Ability to communicate complex information to a non-technical audience
- Ability to combine imagination and common sense with statistical analysis
- The personal drive and enthusiasm that makes you stand out from the crowd
- The right to work in the UK (we do not sponsor visas for these positions)
- The ability to work full time
Nice to have:
- Evidence of a balance between working independently and as a team
- Previous work experience (paid or unpaid)
- Charity work
- Extra-curricular activities
- Exposure to at least one programming language
Qualifications and experience requirements
- You should have a strong mathematical foundation, gained through a degree such as maths, physics, engineering, or similar. We need you to be a logical thinker and confident modelling and manipulating data, but other than that we don’t require any prior experience or knowledge of insurance.
- 2.1 or above in a STEM discipline
Accepted degree subjects
plus £3,600 in shares, and excellent benefits
How to apply
Closing date: 03/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 03/11/2017