About Advantage Smollan
It’s time to let you in on Marketing’s best kept secret… field sales
- who puts eye catching displays in stores and makes the products on the shelves look irresistible?
- who carries out audits in store to ensure that retailers provide the agreed amount of space for manufacturers products, while giving it all that creative touch?
- how corner stores decide what to sell and get their products?
- who hands out tasty samples within grocery stores?
It’s all a part of the fascinating industry of field sales; Advantage Smollan is at the forefront of that world!
Who are Advantage Smollan?
REL Field Marketing and Powerforce (part of the Advantage Smollan Group) work alongside well recognised brands, manufacturers, and retailers, helping our customers to achieve the best results and profit margins from their in store investments. Just some of the exciting sectors we work in include:
- Energy and soft drinks
- Beer and cider
- Breakfast foods
- Chocolate and biscuits
- Personal healthcare
We don’t manufacture anything… we are all about our people – we’ve even won awards for being a ‘great place to work’. We are committed to giving talented, ambitious people the opportunity, tools and skills to prove what they can do in a competitive and exciting marketplace.
What do our people actually do?
Our Field Sales Representatives:
- Visit retailers on a regular basis, developing relationships with key decision makers
- Increase sales through better visibility and availability of products, coming up with creative solutions to add value
- Maximise retailer brand awareness and introduce new promotions
However, we also look for product demonstrators, managers, client facing account managers, data crunchers and insight providers, administration and head office support (e.g. HR, IT and Finance).
What we are looking for in you
- Have a full driving licence (for a minimum of 12 months)
- Self-motivation and ambition
- Strong organisational skills
- Passion about your work and drive to excel
- Excellent communication skills
Honest. That’s about it. What you’ve studied or what experience you have isn’t as important as possessing the above qualities/skills, a positive ‘can do’ attitude and an eagerness to learn.
What we offer in return
Other than working for an amazing company, the more tangible benefits are:
- Full training and ongoing support… we want you to succeed as well!
- A fun working environment where performance and success are really rewarded
- Great career opportunities within the Advantage Smollan Group as well as within our clients directly
- A competitive basic salary plus bonus (based on Key Performance Indicators)
- Most field based positions roles come with a fully expensed company car (and fuel card so you don’t have to front the petrol)
- Pension scheme
- Discounted private health insurance
- Enhanced maternity pay
- Life insurance
- Childcare vouchers
- Perkbox which provides great discounts on retailers, dining out, recreation, and even holidays!
We are proud to say that 70+ people have moved into a management position within the group – that could be you.
We invest in our people by encouraging and supporting their development. Depending on your goals, for field based career advancement, a couple of options are below. Each person is unique though and your career progression is down to you and the path you choose to take.
REL Field Marketing
REL Field Marketing are proud to have been accredited a Great Place to Work for a phenomenal three consecutive years now, as well as winning an industry record 71 FMBE awards (including three consecutive wins of the prestigious Agency of the Year!). This speaks volumes about REL and, most importantly, their employees. And their commitment to provide developmental opportunities are reflected in the 100+ promotions and developmental moves since May 2016! Follow REL on @fieldmarketing and for vacancies @fmvacancies
Powerforce is a vibrant sales and field marketing company and is proud to be the current holders of the coveted FMBE Bronze Team of the Year Award for one of their teams. Their people and customers are everything and they work really hard to build a great culture and be an amazing place to work. One of Powerforce’s teams have had 24 internal promotions directly into its customer. Follow Powerforce on @PowerforceGB
We are always seeking passionate and driven talent to join our teams across the UK. Are you our next investment?
sales, marketing, advertising and PR