We have a number of exciting opportunities across the UK for graduates to work within our Technology Services Teams. We have an established track record of delivering innovative technology solutions within the Transportation sector. We’re involved with work ranging from concept, feasibility and preliminary design of urban traffic signalling and smart roads schemes and the implementation of a wide range of technology projects supporting other parts of AECOM. The bulk of our portfolio is UK based, from the private and public sector and numerous public transport operators, but we also share our knowledge and get involved on a global scale, in particular in Europe, the Middle East and Australasia.
Examples of what we have done recently include:
- In vehicle traffic management: development and testing of a prototype system to support the display of traffic management information on a purpose built smart phone app
- Developing software to graphically illustrate speeding hotspots on the motorway network
- Assisting Highways England to deliver sustainable technology, with tasks ranging from electric vehicle charging infrastructure, solar farms, solar panels on noise barriers and ‘greening’ depots
- Trialling and evaluating dash-cams in traffic officer vehicles
- Evaluation of weather-related road condition monitoring systems mounted on vehicles
- Identifying a strategic approach and production of an ITS action plan for Derbyshire County Council to alleviate congestion on commuter corridors
- Input to Highways England transformational strategy
As a Graduate Consultant you will be expected to provide engineering and technical support to various projects on time, within budget and to the quality required. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Assist in the production and delivery of ITS projects in accordance with the relevant standards and client specification. This will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Project Bids;
- Feasibility Studies;
- Site Investigations;
- Detailed Design Drawings;
- Design Calculations;
- Technical Documentation;
- Project Reports.
- Preparation and/or checking of the above.
- Identify how information can be utilised to achieve project aims and how it will be applied throughout the engineering process, seeking guidance where necessary from other members of the team and senior staff.
- Participate in the resolution of technical issues.
- Gain experience and proficiency in the use of specialist software packages i.e. AutoCAD & AmTech.
- Comply with relevant Health & Safety regulations.
- Attend meetings with the Client and other project related stakeholders.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times in order to deliver appropriate levels of customer care, build client relationships and internal networks.
- Take ownership of personal development in order to maintain and build professional capabilities, including identifying suitable training and development opportunities and working with a mentor to establish a career development plan.
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland , from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive
- Good analytical and communication skills
Qualifications and experience requirements
- BEng in electrical/electronic / general/ communications engineering or BA/BSc maths or physics 2:2 (or equivalent)
- MEng in electrical/electronic / general/ communications rngineering (or equivalent), or
- MA/MSc maths or physics would be an advantage
Accepted degree subjects
UK wide, Ireland
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/09/2017