We are leaders in integrated engineering services for a sustainable energy future. We are committed to addressing the complete spectrum of energy challenges and our talented AECOM professionals around the world work with clients to meet their project demands.
We help our clients reduce energy consumption, develop renewable sources, improve grid reliability and cut emissions from fuels already in use.
AECOM’s Power and Energy Business is focused on providing engineering services for the development and deployment of energy infrastructure projects across Europe, Middle East, India and Africa. Our sectors of focus encompass nuclear power, fossil fired power plant, wind and hydro power, energy estates and transmission and distribution systems.
As a Graduate Engineer, you will be part of the Civil and Structural Engineering team within our Thermal Power business Engineer based in our Bristol office.
Our civil engineering graduate engineers will be involved in the design of the infrastructure needed to create energy. You could expect to find yourself working on power projects such as the design of new high voltage substations, supporting the development of new gas fired power plant in Africa or working on future nuclear power plants, and the decommissioning of older nuclear power plant. Activities are
also likely to include:
- Carrying out designs using a variety of structural materials
- Using current design software that allows us to deliver design solutions efficiently and effectively,
- Preparing engineering solutions – this will include sketching and using of 3D modelling and drawing software
- Our graduate engineers may also be involved in supporting other internal AECOM business units.
- You will typically be involved in assisting in the development of our projects through the different design and development stages, attending meetings and workshops with stakeholders including design professionals, owners and operators.
- As our graduates develop they are expected to take on more responsibility in managing projects which in turn leads to more challenges and rewarding career progression.
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland , from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
- Eligible to achieve UK security clearance to handle official sensitive classified documents
- Hold a valid full driving licence for the UK and a willingness to travel.
- Have no travel/Visa restriction for technical visits to Europe, Middle East, India and Africa as well as the USA
- Fluent in English
Candidates should be computer literate, with an ability to learn new software quickly. You will be fully familiar with the following software packages:
- MS Excel – expert user
- MS Word – expert user
- MS Powerpoint – expert user
- MS Project / Primavera - knowledge
- AutoCAD 2D/3D - knowledge
Qualifications and experience requirements
- MEng civil engineering / civil and nvironmental engineering / civil and structural engineering
- Student/Graduate Member of the Institution of Civil Engineers
Candidates would ideally have completed most of the following modules at university:
- General engineering concepts – electrical, mechanical, thermo-dynamics, power generation
- Structural Mechanics
- Concrete Structures
- Hydraulic and fluids mechanics
- Soils and engineering geology
- Flood risk management
- Energy systems
- Environmental engineering
- Environmental impact assessments
- Construction principles
- Utilities – water supply, drainage, sewerage, treatment, power supply, telecoms, data
Accepted degree subjects
UK wide, Ireland
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/09/2017