AECOM has a specialist stakeholder engagement team with a successful track record of delivering engagement and consultation services for a wide range of high-profile infrastructure projects across the UK. The team provides stakeholder engagement support to projects across a variety of sectors including transport, energy, water and waste as well as residential and commercial property development.
The team is growing quickly and we would like to bring in a new graduate to provide support on a number of ongoing projects and new business initiatives eg; HS2, Thames Tideway Tunnel, Bank Station capacity upgrade as well as a range of other high profile projects in the transport, energy, water and waste sectors and commercial and residential developments.”
This role will focus on two key areas:
- Assisting with the delivery of a range of stakeholder engagement services, with a focus on engagement and consultation for infrastructure development projects and;
- Assisting with the development of new business proposals and marketing activities to help win new projects and support the growth of AECOM’s stakeholder engagement services.
Day-to-day the role will predominantly involve working closely with the other members of the stakeholder engagement team but will often involve working as part of a much larger team to deliver projects. Some travel will be required to other AECOM and client offices or project locations. Some home working to maximise work efficiency and reduce time lost to travel could be included in the working arrangements.
The role will report directly to a member of the stakeholder engagement. There will also be a need to report to other AECOM team members on specific projects
There will ongoing on-the-job learning to develop stakeholder engagement expertise and opportunities to develop other skills via AECOM and external training.
The person undertaking this role will provide support to the team around:
- Day-to-day delivery of stakeholder engagement services on a range of projects
- Identification of new business opportunities for the provision of stakeholder engagement services and associated proposal development and;
- Ongoing proactive promotion of the AECOM stakeholder engagement service to both internal and external target audiences.
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland, from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
- Demonstrate exposure to business communications and stakeholder engagement
- Strong report writing and communications skills – verbal/written – with the confidence to engage with a variety of people, summarise technical information effectively and demonstrate diligent research techniques
- Evidence of an organised approach to task/project management;
- Solid IT skills – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- An interest in UK planning policy, social impact assessment or environmental issues would be advantageous as would experience in a consultancy or a sector relevant to AECOM’s business (eg energy, water, transport, commercial development etc)
- Willingness to travel and occasionally work out of normal office hours
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Educated to at least degree level (in one of the following: geography, sociology, social sciences, English, history, politics, law or planning)
Accepted degree subjects
UK wide, Ireland
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/09/2017