AECOM has an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Consultant in our international development team in central London. We are motivated by making the world a better place. Becoming part of our global team, you will be part of growing our business with a new set of clients. You will support the team in developing a pipeline of new business opportunities and the preparation of winning proposals. The role would ideally suit someone who is a recent graduate who has gained some international development experience (up to two years’ experience) and who is willing to learn and develop, taking on more responsibility as the team matures.
As a Graduate within the international development team, a typical day for you could look something like this:
- Conduct desk-based (or in-country research) to learn more about our competitors, the client’s priorities and state of the sector in a specific country or region in Africa or Asia.
- Assist the team in responding to concrete business opportunities by establishing the value proposition of AECOM and teaming, staffing and technical requirements and draft client responses.
- Draft responses to client questionnaires.
- Communicating channels with colleagues in other departments and building a broad knowledge of the specialist skills and knowledge within AECOM
- Researching and keeping abreast of DFID activities, their programming and policy changes.
- Looking out for opportunities where AECOM can brand and position itself in the market, and help in marketing activities.
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate databases and systems in order to store information for easy access and future use.
- Planning and scheduling meetings for the rest of the team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career, gaining valuable work experience, within an established and successful consultancy.
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland , from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
- A highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills
- An understanding of international development and the issues and opportunities facing the industry
- Able to demonstrate a genuine interest in governance and security in international development
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise an increasing workload
- Ability to thrive in a pressured and varied work environment
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to develop innovative solutions and exhibit innovative thinking
Qualifications and experience requirements
- A bachelor degree preferably in business studies, international development or industrial relations
Accepted degree subjects
UK wide, Ireland
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/09/2017