AECOM’s Process & Automation team comprises of specialists within our Resources & Industry business line.
At AECOM, we believe that all design in the industry sector should be “process led”. Our approach does not simply focus on producing buildings and infrastructure designed to house the equipment that a client requires, but it is process driven to fully integrate the process design into the architecture and engineering aspects of the project, resulting in what will be a truly efficient facility designed for value, operational efficiency and future plant flexibility.
Our process led approach yields three distinct advantages:
- Infrastructure design is focused around process requirements that are fully understood by our industry experts.
- Our industry experts, having worked closely with our architecture and engineering teams understand their “language” and can ensure that process requirements and best practice are delivered in the final facility.
- By designating the process first, we are able to deliver a facility that functions optimally to the desire of the client.
We work across all project stages, from pre-feasibility, through feasibility, design, construction and operation; and across a wide range of industrial sectors – automotive manufacturing, food and beverage manufacturing, national infrastructure etc. We also provide a consultancy service relating to existing portfolios.
Your key responsibilities, with support from your team, may include the following:
- Analysis of existing client processes, products and equipment.
- New process proposal and conceptual design - assessing the costs and benefits of a range off technologies and determining the best solution for a particular product.
- Simulation of existing and proposed processes, demonstrating capability prior to investment.
- Contributing to a wide range of projects as the workload dictates.
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland , from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
- Good numeric and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible to deal with varying workload
- Able to demonstrate a desire to pursue a career in manufacturing/automation engineering.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- A manufacturing or engineering related bachelor degree (mechanical, electrical, controls)
- Minimum 2:2 ( or equivalent) degree classification
Accepted degree subjects
UK wide, Ireland
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/09/2017