We are addressing the world’s appetite for energy by aligning our integrated consultancy teams with the needs and goals of developers, construction contractors, financiers and operators of energy infrastructure.
Committed to addressing the complete spectrum of energy challenges, we offer expertise in the following sectors: renewable energy (wind and solar), hydro-power, bio-energy (including energy from waste), energy efficiency and carbon management, thermal power generation, nuclear power and transmission and distribution.
The Transmission & Distribution, (T&D), Engineering team provides a range of services from the initial concept through High Voltage Power Systems Analysis, Cabling, Substations, Transmission and Distribution Infrastructure, System Balancing and Compensation, Protection Systems, SCADA, Communications, Converter Station Design, HVDC Systems and Interconnectors including overseas links. We provide development, design, maintenance and project management for all services and comply with client and other stakeholder’s quality, technical, commercial, safety and environmental requirements.
Many of our engineers are chartered and have a proven track record of providing high quality design and consultancy services. We encourage membership and networking activities in industry bodies including the IET and sector specific bodies like CIGRE as part of our team’s personal development.
As a Power Engineer within our T&D team you would be involved in a selection of activities potentially including:
- Conceptual Design
- Power Network Design
- Power System Analysis & Studies
- Load & Demand Forecasting
- System Stability Analysis
- Substation Site Selection
- Substation Design
- Switchyard Design
- Transmission Line Corridor Siting & Routing Studies
- Transmission & Distribution Network Design
- Ground Resistivity Measurement & Earthing System Design
- Communications Systems Design
- 3D Substation & Switchyard Layout Visualisation
- Lightning Protection System Design
- Overhead & Underground Cable System Design
- Tariff Studies
- Control & Protections Systems Design
- Interconnector Studies & Design
- Fire Suppression Systems
- Transformer & Switchgear Selection & Installation
- Options Selection & Evaluation
- Value Engineering
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland , from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
- Academic study should include HV and power related course work options
- Meet the requirements for security clearance in the UK.
- Full driving licence and willingness to travel on occasion.
- Fluent in English
- Good analytical and organisational skills.
- Ability to use initiative and work independently & in teams.
- Good numeric and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Good attention to detail
- Flexible to deal with varying workload
Qualifications and experience requirements
- BSc/ BEng or MSc/ MEng in electrical/power engineering.
Accepted degree subjects
UK wide, Ireland
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/09/2017