We are addressing the world’s appetite for energy by aligning our integrated consultancy teams with the needs and goals of developers, construction contractors, financiers and operators of energy infrastructure. We are looking to grow the team with a graduate specialising in Renewable Energy.
Committed to addressing the complete spectrum of energy challenges, we offer expertise in the following sectors: renewable energy (wind, solar, hydro-power), bio-energy (including energy from waste), energy efficiency and carbon management, thermal power generation and transmission and distribution.
Globally, our projects range from energy efficiency work that saves megawatts of power at California State University campuses and transmission line upgrades in Australia, to wind farm design in Argyll, Scotland and design & construction of a hydroelectric power project in central Laos that supplies power to Thailand. Whether we're designing a system to reduce nitrogen oxide emissions at coal-fired plants in Canada, developing a detailed handbook to help London's developers implement sustainable energy policies, installing a 200-kilowatt fuel cell at a Texas medical clinic, or developing a turbine-generator unit at a geothermal field in West Java, AECOM strives to meet all of its clients' needs.
This is delivery focused role requiring a technical understanding of renewable energy technologies. The role shall be responsible for assisting in the delivery of a broad spectrum of technical services to our clients drawing on the wide capabilities that we have on offer.
- Supporting the delivery of consultancy services on renewable energy engineering projects.
- Providing input into feasibility level studies for renewable energy projects in conjunction with the wider AECOM teams.
- Collation and processing of project data from a wide variety of sources.
- Preparation of technical reports.
- Preparation of detailed design information
- Assisting in securing work with renewable energy developers and their supply chain
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland , from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
This position would suit someone who has just graduated and shows willingness to grow and develop their consultancy skills within an innovative team environment. The ideal candidate for the role will be able to apply their generic scientific or engineering skills to renewable energy development, as well as assisting the Energy Practice area as a whole in delivering its strategy across UK, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- A hard working and highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Some familiarity with CAD and ArcGIS would be beneficial
- Demonstrable work experience in the renewable energy or related field (e.g. working for either a power developer, equipment manufacturer, or consultant)
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to continued education and improvement through participating in our approved training schemes
- Student member of an appropriate professional institution
- Working ability in a second language and/or relevant work experience outside the UK
Qualifications and experience requirements
- A graduate in an engineering discipline ( e.g. mechanical, civil or electrical engineering)
- A 2:2 ( or equivalent) degree classification or above
- Postgraduate qualifications in a relevant discipline – e.g MSc Renewable Energy or similar
Accepted degree subjects
UK wide, Ireland
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/09/2017