AECOM are looking for exceptional Landscape Architect Interns to join our busy Belfast design studio on a one year placement. This studio is one of our design hubs, designing and delivering some of the premier, award-winning Landscape Architecture projects in the world, as well as significant projects in the local market within UK and Ireland. .
We enjoy what we do at AECOM and bring projects to life in the cities and communities in which we work. We’re driven by a set of values and a common purpose — to create, enhance and sustain the world’s built natural and social environments. Innovation is built into every project we manage and every community we serve. We’ll provide you support in an environment that allows you to grow and succeed.
We enjoy an exceptional team approach working closely with architects, engineers, economists, community outreach and other related professionals to develop award winning integrated projects. Our local practice work leverages AECOM’s global presence to address urban and climate changes in the next century and to serve as catalysts for regeneration.
As a Landscape Architecture Intern in our studio you will have the opportunity to work with senior members of the team on a wide range of project types at all stages of the design and implementation process.
- You will assist in the preparation of design work for innovative landscape designs and urban public realm design to clients and approving agencies
- Support in the production of the technical delivery of implementation projects including working drawings, specification writing and contract documentation.
- Help in the development of presentations and projects
- Support and collaborate with management and other designers on preparation of project proposals, landscape architectural development proposals and feasibility studies.
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK and Ireland , from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK and Ireland. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, and the opportunity to work on live client projects, with significant multi-disciplinary exposure.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital. A Fortune 500 firm, see how we deliver what others can only imagine at aecom.com and @AECOM.
- Strong hand drawing and computer graphic skills
- Sound knowledge of Adobe suite and AutoCAD are essential
- 3d computer skills are an advantage in particular Rhino or SketchUp
- Interest in all aspects of Landscape Architecture from concept to detail design.
- A hard working and highly motivated individual with excellent communication skills
- Previous relevant work experience from recognized Landscape practice would be beneficial
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Minimum three years completed on a landscape Institute registered course with year tutor references
Accepted degree subjects
UK wide, Ireland
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/09/2017