As the Graduate Business and Pricing Analyst you will compile and analyse data, and provide actionable insights where applicable. Data will relate to sales, pricing, promotions and SPAR brand. To support the development of divisional and category strategy. To support the Insight and Promotions Controller.
- Analyse, interpret and report on current sales performance, highlighting opportunities and potential problem areas for the business
- Manage the monthly reporting processes, co-coordinating with the Trading Controllers to consolidate inputs and produce reports on time to required standard
- Provide both external market reports and internal sales reports to Category Planners as part of range review process
- Produce and coordinate monthly reports to the Board, ensuring accuracy of information
- Support the Trading Team and Pricing Manager on ad-hoc pricing and insight requests
- Analyse customer sales and promotion performance by using business objects and other relevant software
- Carry out analysis of competitor activity
- Develop and support best practice insight approaches
- Challenge and scrutinise data, making insight recommendations where applicable
Hours: 40 Hours Per Week, Monday - Friday
A.F. Blakemore & Son Ltd is one of the largest and most forward thinking family-owned businesses in the UK. The company began life in 1917 as a counter service grocery store, and has grown from these humble beginnings into a company that now employs more than 7,500 people with a turnover in excess of £1.3 billion.
The company is the largest independent convenience store operator in the UK with over 700 independent retailers plus over 300 company owned SPAR stores.
A.F. Blakemore’s success has been built upon a distinct culture focused upon positive and friendly relations with staff, customers and the communities it serves. The Blakemore Way is a means to define this culture and ensure that the longstanding values of the Blakemore family will continue to drive the company’s growth for the next century.
- Numerate degree or equivalent
- Strong administrative and organisational skills is essential
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel High level of numeracy and literacy
- Strong analytical skills and ability to interpret information
- Ability to work with complex spreadsheets using macro’s, formulas and links
- Accurate with excellent attention to detail
- Inquisitive, proactive, enthusiastic and committed
- Good team player, able to form relationships and influence others to action
- Able to present information in user-friendly and attractive ways
- Good problem solver, determined, always looking for new ways of working to improve output
- Able to work to deadlines and under pressure when required
You may have experience of the following: Graduate Business & Pricing Analyst, Graduate Business and Pricing Analyst, Graduate Business Analyst, Graduate Pricing Analyst, Data Analyst, Data Analysis, Junior Business Analyst, Junior Pricing Analyst etc.
Accepted degree subjects
Staff discount, company pension scheme, company sick pay scheme, additional holidays, long service awards, Cycle to Work Scheme, life cover, employee volunteering opportunities.
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Closing date: 29/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 23/01/2018