Airbus CyberSecurity in Newport (South Wales) is looking for a graduate calibre engineer to work within its product support engineering group as a Junior Cyber Security Product Support Engineer. As the successful applicant, you will work within a small team where you will be assigned a mentor and benefit from both on the job and external training.
Tasks and accountabilities
Typical activities will include:
- Responding to customer queries and issues
- Investigating and reproducing product issues
- Collate customer network topologies to assist development with testing
- Deliver on-site upgrades
- Product improvement programme: meet with stakeholders to discuss customer requests and features that would benefit the Cyber product community
- Assist with customer trials
- Feedback customer experiences and needs, shaping the products going forward
- Maintain relationships with current and potential customers
- Assist with technical input to the marketing team
As the European specialist in cyber security, the mission of Airbus' CyberSecurity business is to protect governments, companies and critical infrastructures from cyber threats. Its trusted, high performance security products and services are able to detect, analyse and counter the most advanced cyber attacks.
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
- Proven knowledge in Networking
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to present and write reports to key stakeholders (both internal and external) at a professional level
- Professional approach
- Enthusiastic to learn
- Fluent in English
The following requirements are desirable:
- Knowledge in security
- Knowledge in software languages (C#, C++, C, Python)
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognised authorities.
Qualifications and experience requirements
Educated to a degree level (or equivalent) in engineering, IT or a related discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
computer sciences and IT · electronic and electrical engineering
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 07/12/2017