An exciting opportunity for an Actuarial Analyst to join our high calibre team of actuaries within the Risk Capital Team, based in our central London office. The Risk Capital team is responsible for assessing the solvency capital requirement of the company and have interaction with the Board, Allianz Group and the Regulator.
This is a varied role giving you the opportunity to get involved in providing technical advice and support in relation to quantitative risk and capital assessment - from parameterisation to validation and model uses. Reporting to the Head of Risk Capital, you will support the quarterly runs of the capital model, as well as carrying out annual parameterisation and validation exercises for certain risk types and supporting model change applications. In addition, our purchase of LV= GI and L&G GI will create some exciting opportunities for collaborative working on risk capital and management.
The Risk Capital Team provides advice to a number of key stakeholders with key responsibilities including:
- Quarterly Risk Capital Model runs.
- Parameterisation for various risk types (e.g. insurance risk, business risk, longevity risk and operational risk).
- Production of risk reports for the Management Board, Risk Committees and Allianz Group.
- Monitoring of risk limits.
- Validation exercises for each risk type and supporting model change applications.
- Assessment of risk and capital implications of business strategy and planning (including capital allocation).
- Stress and scenario testing.
- Input into the wider Enterprise Risk Management framework operated by the Risk department.
- Work with Group Risk in developing the capital model and ensure compliance with the Group requirements.
- Work with the regulator to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and input into market wide exercises.
You will be provided with a generous actuarial study package, including financial support, study days and a study mentor.
What we are looking for
This role is ideal for those wishing to pursue a career in the actuarial profession and start studying towards the Fellowship of the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries.
To be a success in this role you would need to have the following:
- A strong academic record, with at least a predicted 2:1 degree in a quantitative subject, (such as Mathematics or Statistics).
- Be proficient in the use of Excel and have a working knowledge of Word and PowerPoint.
- Good analytical skills.
- Fluent in English with very good written and verbal communication
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment