We have an exciting opportunity for an Graduate Actuarial Analyst to join our high calibre team of actuaries, based in our London or Guildford (Surrey) HQ
Our Actuarial team’s purpose is to provide an objective view of the profitability and financial strength of Allianz UK’s business, to enable tactical and strategic decision making, with a promise to always challenge and collaborate based on high quality analyses and professional judgement. The team’s work extends beyond traditional actuarial work and you will be required to work closely with a wide range of stakeholders across the business and also step back to form independent views.
The role will support the Actuary and Senior Actuary in a range of activities, including quarterly reserving, business planning, capital modelling and partnering with underwriters to inform decision making on individual portfolios. Specific responsibilities include:
- Production, monitoring and communication of quarterly reserves on an IFRS and Solvency II basis.
- Insurance risk modelling.
- Statistical analyses of account performance, large case and portfolio analyses.
- Actuarial input into the annual business planning and forecasting.
- Challenging and collaborating with key stakeholders including portfolio managers, claims and business finance managers.
You will be provided with a generous actuarial study package, including financial support, study days and a study mentor.
The role can be based in our London or Guildford office (35mins direct from Waterloo), though frequent travel will be required to the other office.
What we are looking for
- Strong communication (written and verbal).
- Ability to always challenge and be curious.
- Collaborative and enthusiastic team player.
- Efficient and considered approach to work.
- Strong Excel skills - knowledge of SAS, R and VBA is desirable but not essential.
- A strong academic record, with at least a 2:1 degree in a quantitative subject such as mathematics, statistics or business
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Milton Keynes · Frequent travel will be required to the other office.
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment