Amazon, one of the world’s leaders in e-commerce, is expanding its Retail business and looking for a smart and ambitious Associate Vendor Manager based in UK to enable new partnerships with vendors aiming at integrating their product portfolio into Amazon UK websites. Come and experience a company that reinvents itself every day and immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, expanding and continuously inventing new efficiencies to offer great opportunities for our customers and for you!
Operating in a fast-moving and often ambiguous environment you will have full responsibility for achieving business objectives. You will need to engage in projects that will drive business growth and help shape the future of Amazon Retail in UK. We expect that you can work autonomously, think both strategically and tactically, and take full control and responsibility for achieving your goals.
- Identify, prospect, and recruit vendors to Amazon.co.uk, reaching out through cold-calling, email or attending commercial events and trade fairs, with confidence explaining the advantages and benefits of partnering with Amazon.
- Be a business consultant to new vendors providing insights and advice, with the ability to interact with different business profiles and sectors
- Help new vendors master Amazon’s tools and systems so that they can be self-sufficient and integrate their products to Amazon’s platform efficiently and to the standard required
- Help improve business processes and make us more effective in supporting our vendors
This role will be based in one of Amazon’s central London offices. Please see our recent press release for more detail on Amazon’s London offices and future plans.
- Passionate about online business, e-commerce and sales
- Target driven and results orientated
- Strong ability to handle objections
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts in a simple manner.
- Intermediate computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint).
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Educated to at least degree level or compensating work experience
- Demonstrated track record of success in a sales role or cold calling would be advantageous
- Experience in data analysis, either professional experience or through your education
- Experience with e-commerce or retail would be advantageous
Accepted degree subjects
Bonuses plus stock
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 10
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 11/01/2017