Our two-year graduate development programme starts you on a journey to develop your career in a challenging, dynamic and supportive work environment. We’ll give you responsibility from day one, so you’ll get invaluable experience and exposure working on varied and exciting projects for a large, diverse and ambitious organisation. At Amey we’re passionate about passing on knowledge and skills and we’ll give you first class mentoring and guidance from our industry experts. We are looking for innovative, forward thinking graduates who will help propel our business forward and become our future leaders.
Amey Consulting have recently been awarded a new generation design services contract with Highways England, and are looking to recruit a team of Highways and Structural Design Engineers to deliver it based in Darlington. Working alongside Highways England, the contract team will look to improve the strategic road network for road users in a collaborative and innovative environment.
In this client focused contract, you will be part of a team who will ensure that:
- A strong relationship with the client is developed and maintained
- Portfolios of projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Cost-effective, technically sound design solutions are produced to programme and within budget
- Compliance with all relevant technical standards are met
The successful graduate will provide day -to-day support to both the Assistant Design Engineer and Design Engineer on various design duties, including:
- Design production
- Drawing mark-ups
- Take-off information from drawings for the production of schedules
- Attend design and collaboration meetings
We place great value on all our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package as well as supporting all graduates to gain a professional qualification through a Professional Institution. We’ll pay you a competitive starting salary, and if you perform well, we’ll give you a pay rise every six months whilst on the graduate programme. At the end of the programme you can expect to progress into the next level of your chosen career.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
- Computer literate and conversant with MS Office suite
- Basic project management understanding in a multi-disciplinary project environment
- Good written and oral communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meet project deadlines
- Self-motivated with the drive to achieve continuous improvement targets
Qualifications and experience requirements
2:2 degree in civil engineering.
Accepted degree subjects
civil engineering and construction
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 26/10/2018