An exciting opportunity to gain a fully funded degree apprenticeship with Amey Consulting and Sheffield Hallam University.
We’ve got an exciting new opportunity at Amey Consulting. We’ve partnered with Sheffield Hallam University to offer a ground-breaking Rail Degree Apprentice Programme where you’ll gain a rail engineering degree at the same time as getting real experience on the job working on live rail projects for Amey Consulting.
Year one is the same course content for everyone and from year two onwards you’ll specialise in one of the following railway engineering disciplines: Electrical and Mechanical Engineering; Track and Civil Engineering or Signalling and Telecoms
What you'll get
- A fully funded Railway Engineering B.Eng degree course at Sheffield Hallam University backed by on the job vocational training in one of our professional design offices
- A structured development path leading to a professional engineering position on completion of the programme
- A competitive starting salary rising in line with your progress and achievements
- An opportunity to work on real life engineering problems through your work experience on live railway projects from day one
- A mentor to support you through your study to becoming a professional Engineer
What we'll give you in return
We place great value on all our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we offer a competitive Apprenticeship Programme. We’ll give you first class mentoring and guidance, from the industry experts you’ll be working closely with. Your starting salary will be competitive and you may be eligible to receive performance related pay increases whilst on the programme. We’ll support you every step of the way; you'll have your own Mentor and Buddy to guide you through your progress!
These four areas sum up how we reward our people and what it’s like to work at Amey Consulting.
Being healthy - Our people come first and we want them to be fit, well and safe. So, we have a robust well-being ethos and actively engage on anything that might undermine well-being. We’re committed to a healthy work-life balance and aim to empower our people with the flexibility they need to achieve their life goals. Creating better places must be delivered in a safe environment, where zero harm is the goal. We aim to do this better than anyone else.
Committing to better - We commit to making things a little better every day, whether in small steps or big leaps. So, we provide the development, support and freedom necessary to help us all become the better. We promote innovation and since good ideas can come from anywhere, we provide forums for debate, idea generation and feedback. Creating better can sometimes mean making bold decisions and we support people to do the right thing.
Embracing different – We’re a diverse business of individuals, but very much one team. We know that different makes us better and that we must do more to support and celebrate diversity. We’re determined to be the example others admire. We aim to be flexible and meet the needs of different people at different life stages. And because of the size of our business we also offer the opportunities for mobility across the business and new and varied experiences.
Giving back - Creating better places for people, we naturally put people first. It starts with looking out for one another, providing the benefits and opportunities that make life better at work and home. We’re committed to sustainability and actively support our people in giving back too. If our teams raise money for charity, we match their donation. It’s about leaving behind a positive footprint, making a change for the better. Caring about the communities where we work. Feeling good about what we do every day.
- Ability to travel – occasional travel within the UK, mainly to Sheffield for study blocks.
- Available to start the programme in March 2020
- Passion for developing your skills both professional and personally
- 112 UCAS points - this must include at least 64 points from two A levels or equivalent BTEC National Qualifications including a mathematics based subject AND at least one other relevant subject - physics, physical science, engineering science, computer science, chemistry, other science/technology subject
- GCSE - English Language and Maths at grade C or 4
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment