The position entails working in the engineering design and development area of the business, taking projects from design concept through to manufacture and testing/assembly status. You will report directly to the Engineering Manager for the scheduling of your workload. In your work you will need to interact and develop good professional relationships with all co-workers in order for all of our jobs to be done effectively. The business also relies on good supportive relationships with its vendors and clients for success.
Key job accountabilities
- Product design using CAD techniques.
- Engineering calculations.
- Researching product requirements and developing specifications.
- Create and present sketches or models of initial design concepts.
- Performing validation tests (function, vibration, temperature tests, also any other acceptance tests that are required.) Full training will be given
- Workshop engineering evaluation of design within industry standards.
- Design and manufacture review with the Engineering Manager.
- Purchasing specification.
- Dealing with clients’ technical queries.
- Writing of technical literature.
- Maintenance of technical files.
What we are looking for
- Employees with integrity and capability with a strong desire to influence the upstream oil and gas market.
- Ability to set ambitious goals and overcome obstacles to achieve them.
- A passionate approach to work with every day seen as an opportunity to learn and improve.
- Great communication to further build on the company’s excellent reputation within the industry.
- A collaborative work ethos to continue to promote the AnTech culture of sharing of skills and expertise.
- Creative approach to mechanical engineering design.
- A keen and responsible attitude to work is essential and an ability to show initiative in all responsibilities and tasks.
- Ability to be creative in new product development.
- Numeracy, accuracy, attention to detail and the ability to follow through a task to its successful conclusion.
- The ability to learn and absorb new information and training.
- The ability to communicate effectively with fellow employees and clients and to be flexible in all areas of the business are essential.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- Experience of CAD
- Autodesk Inventor
- Analysis with FEA tools
- Document control/PLM system
- Working towards a degree in mechanical engineering or industrial/product design with a predicted minimum 2:1 or equivalent.
- Degree in mechanical engineering or industrial/product design with a minimum 2:1 or equivalent.
- A-level mathematics minimum grade ‘C’ or equivalent.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter via the Apply button.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 20/07/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 20/07/2018
Additional job details
with 25 days annual leave pro rata, in addition to eight paid bank holidays. Workplace pension.