We’re looking for a creative, energetic and digitally-savvy individual to join us as our Communications & Events Manager. As an integral part of the team, you will take a leading role on our marketing, communications and events, working closely with the wider Apps for Good team.
You will be responsible for overseeing marketing and communications strategies that support engagement and growth across our brand and communities of students, teachers, volunteers and corporate partners. You will also plan, manage and deliver our flagship events, including our national awards.
- Develop and implement communications and marketing strategies
- Manage social media channels, blog, and other digital marketing channels
- Create content including case studies, thought leadership pieces, policy pieces and content relating to specific campaigns
- Organise and maintain up-to-date marketing materials so that they are accessible for the team, including: logos, photographs, videos, templates, case studies, key messages, graphics, imagery and style templates
- Research and advise on appropriate partnerships, events, conferences, and awards to raise the profile of the organisation and oversee the application or nomination process
- Develop PR strategies for key events, campaigns and achievements
- Work with external organisations and partners on campaigns relating to education, technology and young people
- Manage, deliver and evaluate Apps for Good flagship events including our national Awards and Regional Events
What we are looking for
- Outstanding organisation skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective time management skills
- Positive, creative and flexible approach to problem-solving
- Great interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work across the team and with external organisations
- Great self-starter who can oversee projects from start to finish
- Ability to prioritise and balance multiple areas of responsibility in a fast-paced environment
- An interest in what’s happening in the education and tech spaces in the UK
- One-rwo years experience in a marketing or comms role, with at least some experience of organising events
- Knowledge or experience with user research methods, and skills in developing targeted and timed communications campaigns.
- Knowledge or experience with methods for evaluating marketing and communications strategies.
- Experience working with a range of internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful completion of multiple projects
- Design skills (Photoshop)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
We offer flexible working, health care insurance and generous holiday allowance, plus you get your birthday off.
How to apply
Please share your CV and a covering letter.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 29 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 29 November 2019