The Apprentice will work towards the RICS APC over the duration of their apprenticeship but will enrol in the penultimate year and will then take the RICS APC final assessment as their end point assessment, this will lead to achieving fully chartered surveyor status.
The role will allow you to access “on and off the job training” gaining knowledge and hands on experience of supporting our Quantity Surveying teams in their delivery of exciting projects across our sectors.
Typically, a Surveying Apprentice will work 5 days per week. Typically, 4 days “on the job” training and 1 day “off the job”. The training will be delivered by blended learning including online and distance learning, supported by a Virtual Learning Environment with online tutor support as well as monthly tutor led workshops at central locations.
As a Surveying Apprentice you will you be on a fixed term contract. At the end of which it would be decided if we would like to take you on permanently and progress to an Assistant level.
- To provide quantity surveying & cost management support in the delivery of projects and assignments.
- To deliver elements of quantity surveying assignments under the supervision of more senior members of staff.
- To be able to take a simple brief from a more senior member of staff and act upon it.
- To provide all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- To provide general support to the team
- Meet all the assessment requirements and expectations associated with your academic course of learning.
Qualifications and experience
The entry requirement for the Apprenticeship will typically be 96 UCAS points to commence at Level 6 Degree Level.
- An interest in construction and the built environment.
- Have a good head for numbers & enjoys working with IT.
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise manner.
- Enjoys a challenge & has good problem-solving skills.
- Organised & the ability to multi-task.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Be a team player.
Qualifications and experience requirements
To be considered for this 3 year Graduate programme you will need to be on course for achieving a relevant degree, you must be on target for a minimum 2:1 in one of the following subjects, MEng (or MSc) Civil Engineering, Structural, Environmental or Geotechnical Engineering.
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28 February 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 28 February 2022