Be challenged, be supported
We’re a business built on pushing boundaries and our future will be defined by the mindsets of our people.
That’s why we need people who can understand and appreciate how they fit into the bigger picture. We’re looking for people who take inspiration from everywhere, every person and every interaction.
We want people who treat every moment as an opportunity to learn.
So, if you’re looking to build a career that can transform your world, Arcadis is the perfect place for you.
About the programme
Being a Cost Consultant (QS) is about understanding how you fit into the bigger picture.
Working in a diverse team of consultants you’ll be cultivating a deep understanding of our sectors building long-term relationships with clients and colleagues and finding ways to improve ways in which we work. You’ll be responsible for your own deliverables, liaising with clients and given every opportunity to build your skillsets.
About the role
- Rotational programme through sectors and service lines to gain the depth and breadth of skills needed to advance your career
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams delivering industry-leading projects and programmes
- Delivery of cost planning and estimating services for early to detailed design stages of projects, including digital quantification and pricing at various levels of complexity
- Assisting in the preparation of pricing documents in accordance with methods of measurement, preparation of tender and contract documentation.
- Learning and advising on risk and opportunity management, harnessing and articulating value for clients
- Attend project team / site meetings and provide progress updates, including undertaking interim payments as per contract mechanisms.
- Assisting in the preparation of reports and payment certification following site inspections, providing recommendations on compliance and financial control of projects
- Provide regular cost reports to client and all negotiations to do with final accounts.
- Undertaking training with a digital focus, shaping the future of the profession, how we interact with ecosystem partners and continuous improvement in client experience
If applying from an unrelated degree background you will be required to complete a distance learning MSc conversion course, and will be working towards Chartership.
What we are looking for
We need a mix of perspectives and skills and we are looking out for people who:
- Possess a growth mindset
- Confident and able to influence others
- Resilient and problem solving
- Innovative and creative
- Agile thinkers
- Those who share our passion to ‘improve quality of life’.
- Keen to learn and develop further skills
- Excited about being part of a new programme
To be considered for this programme you will need to be on course for achieving a 2:1 in your degree or equivalent.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 22 April 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 22 April 2021