Be challenged, be supported
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what’s most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you’ll see it’s about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we’re focused on making an impact where it matters most – and improving quality of life.
It’s a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world – and the world around them.
It’s a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It’s how we’ll find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. And how we’ll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
That’s why we need people who can understand and appreciate how they fit into the bigger picture. We’re looking for talented individuals who take inspiration from everywhere - every person and every interaction.
We want people who treat every moment as an opportunity to learn.
So, if you’re looking to build a career that can transform your world, Arcadis is the perfect place for you.
Undertaking an Industrial Placement gives great insight to the day-to-day demands of the role of a Cost Consultant and allows for students to practically apply what has been taught at university. Placements also allow students to build relationships within the organisation and develop self-confidence and personal ability. When Year outs Graduates return to university it means they can concentrate solely on their studying rather than spending vital time job hunting and in many instances a Graduate will return with a first-class degree.
- Measurement of areas
- Preparation of cost plans and cost reports
- Estimating and benchmarking of costs
- Preparation of contract documentation
- To provide support in the delivery of projects and professional assignments
- To be able to take a simple brief from a more senior member of staff and act upon it
- To deliver elements of assignments under the supervision of more senior members of staff
- To provide all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
- Be a team player
- To provide general support to the team
What we are looking for
We need a mix of perspectives and skills and we are looking out for people who:
- Possess a growth mindset
- Confident and able to influence others
- Resilient and problem solving
- Innovative and creative
- Agile thinkers
- Those who share our passion to ‘improve quality of life’.
- Keen to learn and develop further skills
- Relevant work experience through internships would be advantageous
- Willing to travel and stay away from home
- Excited about being part of a new programme
To be considered for this programme you will need to be able to demonstrate an interest in cost cosulting and the built and natural environment and on course for achieving a 2:1 in your degree or equivalent. Preferably working towards a relevant degree within the built environment or preferable quantity surveying or construction project management.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 22 April 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 22 April 2021