Be challenged, be supported
We’re a business built on pushing boundaries and our future will be defined by the mindsets of our people.
That’s why we need people who can understand and appreciate how they fit into the bigger picture. We’re looking for people who take inspiration from everywhere, every person and every interaction. We want people who treat every moment as an opportunity to learn.
So, if you’re looking to build a career that can transform your world, Arcadis is the perfect place for you.
If you are passionate about the Environment, Energy and Sustainability this is the perfect place to start. As a graduate on this programme, you’ll develop an enviable and thorough understanding of how what we do transforms lives. This means, we need people with curious minds who are willing to challenge us and innovate so that we can continue to improve quality of life.
About the programme
During this three-year graduate programme you’ll be working within one of our Environment or Engineering Consultancy businesses. You’ll also develop core consulting techniques and tools to apply whilst working with our clients in the UK.
We’ll actively encourage you to experience the variety of services we offer to develop a true understanding about what we can offer our clients. Working in teams of consultants you’ll be expected to own deliverables, liaise with clients, contribute and enhance your skillset.
You’ll also be required to work on a range of environmental projects with extended periods rotated across our Water, Energy, Environment, Safety & Industry (WEESI) business. This includes major infrastructure, heavy industry and urban regeneration projects that will expose you to a variety of challenging projects and technical specialists across the WEESI business.
As part of this, you’ll assist in the delivery of project-related tasks to meet budget, time frame and quality targets as well as working as part of wider project teams undertaking environmental desk studies, site surveys and assisting with the delivery of technical assessments and reports.
Not only will you receive professional supervision, you’ll work in collaboration with other disciplines and acquire the knowledge and practical skills through on-the-job learning.
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Start date: January / February 2021.
What we are looking for
- To be considered for this programme you will need to be passionate about working in the water, energy or environment sectors,
- You should be able to start in January or February 2021 and have a full driving licence as the role will require travel.
- Possess a growth mindset
- Confident and able to influence others
- Resilient and problem solving
- Innovative and creative
- Agile thinkers
- Those who share our passion to ‘improve quality of life’.
- Keen to learn and develop further skills
- Excited about being part of a new programme
- Strong A-level results and be on course to achieving a 2:1 in your degree or equivalent.
- You’ll need to be able to highlight a specific interest in noise consultancy and preferably have a relevant BSc degree in with a science, mathematics, environmental or acoustic focus/content.
- There is a broad scope of opportunity so other degree disciplines considered applicable for these programmes include: landscape architecture, science, mathematics, environmental with a focus on acoustic content. candidates with an engineering, environmental sciences/geography, chemistry, physics, biology/ecology, geology/geoscience, applied mathematics, urban planning or other, transport planning and economics are all very much of interest.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 10 March 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 10 March 2021