Be challenged, be supported
We’re a business built on pushing boundaries and our future will be defined by the mindsets of our people.
That’s why we need people who can understand and appreciate how they fit into the bigger picture. We’re looking for people who take inspiration from everywhere, every person and every interaction. We want people who treat every moment as an opportunity to learn.
So if you’re looking to build a career that can transform your world, Arcadis is the perfect place for you.
About the Programme
Undertaking our Management Consulting programme at Arcadis will provide an opportunity to support the development and delivery of best in class built and natural asset consulting solutions. The role sits within the growing and dynamic Business Advisory team and as an Arcadis Management Consultant, you will be focused on helping our clients solve their most pressing issues and maximise value through improved business performance. A successful candidate will bring a creative and intelligent approach to solution creation, design and delivery. The programme will also enable the candidate to develop core consulting techniques and tools that can be applied whilst working with our UK and global clients. There will be active encouragement to experience the full variety of Sectors and Service Lines to understand the what we can offer our clients and ensure that you gain a clear understanding of a career in management consulting. Finally, we believe the variety and quality of project work, personal development opportunities and social events will ensure you enjoy your year with us.
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely.,ith our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success,.
What we are looking for
The role will bring responsibility to the successful candidates from the very beginning with a chance to work directly with clients from your first week. There are no set day-to-day responsibilities due to the flexible nature of responding to our client’s needs across the variety of sectors and Service Lines we operate in. However, a good Management Consultant would typically:
- Act as a stream resource on projects to support the successful delivery of specific outputs individually or as part of a team.
- Develop a good understanding of client issues and be able to contribute to all aspects of project delivery.
- Use innovation and creativity to deliver solutions which create positive outcomes for clients.
- Proactively seek personal development opportunities by immersing themselves in the extensive learning opportunities from each commission and internal training resources.
- Contribute to internal, non-client facing activities within the Business Transformation team and throughout Arcadis.
- Identify key sources of knowledge and where to obtain this.
- Develop a professional network throughout the business to utilise the wealth of knowledge, expertise and best practice consulting techniques helping deliver informed solutions to our clients
- Support and deliver workshops/internal meetings to help our community grow and develop.
We need a mix of perspectives and skills and are looking out for people who:
- Possess a growth mindset
- Confident and able to influence others
- Innovative and creative
- Agile thinkers
- Those who share our passion to ‘improve quality of life’.
- Keen to learn and develop further skills
- Excited about being part of a new programme
- Specifically for this roles we're looking for:
- Potential to be a future business leader.
- Must be highly flexible and able to quickly grasp new ideas and concepts.
- Keen and able to learn quickly.
- Willing to travel and stay away from home when working on client sites.
- An effective team worker with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills excellent at building both internal and client relationships.
- Articulate and confident communicator, effective in verbal and non-verbal communications.
- Can deliver and structure work, with the proven ability to deliver pieces of work from start to finish i.e. problem definition, hypothesis generation data gathering, analysis and findings, solution development.
- Effective research, data gathering, and analysis skills.
- IT competent (including MS Excel).
- Proactive, dedicated and tenacious shown through both academic and further achievement Some leadership experience.
- Attention to detail
To be considered for this programme you will need to be able to show a keen interest in becoming a management consultant and be on course for a 2:1 degree in your degree.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 10 March 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 10 March 2021