Be challenged, be supported.
At Arcadis, we never lose sight of what’s most important. Because look beyond our projects and programmes and you’ll see it’s about human stories. From remaking public spaces that bring people together, to making cities easier to navigate, we’re focused on making an impact where it matters most - and improving quality of life.
It’s a big challenge. And why we need people committed to bringing their best, who deliver on their promises. People who value different perspectives, build sustainable relationships and dare to shape the future. People who seize the experiences available to transform their world - and the world around them.
It’s a shared goal amongst 27,000 Arcadians. And one we can only achieve by working together and applying our skills and expertise across design, consultancy, engineering, project and management services. It’s how we’ll find solutions to our clients’ most complex challenges. And how we’ll deliver exceptional results, today and tomorrow.
That’s why we need people who can understand and appreciate how they fit into the bigger picture. We’re looking for talented individuals who take inspiration from everywhere - every person and every interaction.
We want people who treat every moment as an opportunity to learn.
So, if you’re looking to build a career that can transform your world, Arcadis is the perfect place for you.
- Developing skills and knowledge base in both the technical and management streams
- Assisting with the preparation of documentation relating to projects
- Preparing design calculations, drawings, specifications, reports and other project documentation as required in line with company and client requirements as well as national standards and codes of practice
- Participating in the resolution of technical issues
- Gaining experience and proficiency in Arcadis systems and procedures
- Becoming familiar with, and compliant with, relevant health and safety regulations and to promote a culture of awareness within the team
- Building relationships with Clients on projects
- Performing other duties and responsibilities as required from time to time by your manager or Arcadis
- To provide general support to the team
Year Out roles
Year Outs – 10-12 months duration and generally start in August or September, flexibility on dates may be possible.
At Arcadis, you’ll have the opportunity to build the career that’s right for you. Because each Arcadian has their own motivations, their own career goals. And, as a ‘people ﬁrst’ business, it’s why we’ll take the time to listen, to understand what you want from your time here, and provide the support you need to achieve your ambitions. Wherever you join us, you can look forward to a competitive reward package that includes an attractive starting salary, opportunities for career development and being part of a sociable community. We have a performance-related bonus scheme and an employee recognition scheme. Other beneﬁts include membership fees to join your relevant professional body, employer contribution pension scheme, ﬂexible working and a flexible holiday scheme.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
What we are looking for
- Student/Graduate membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Possess a growth mindset
- Confident and able to influence others
- Innovative and creative
- Agile thinkers
- Those who share our passion to ‘improve quality of life’
- Keen to learn and develop further skills
- IT competent (including MS Excel)
Working towards a degree/MEng in civil engineering.
Accepted degree subjects
- civil engineering and construction
Additional job details
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 January 2020