Ark Teacher Training (ATT) is a school-based programme offering the perfect mixture of theory and classroom practice to develop you into the best teacher you can be. You will be training to be an English teacher in one of four regions in our schools:
While training with us you will get to:
- engage in daily professional development activities
- plan, resource and deliver lessons to the highest possible standard that ensure learning and progress of all pupils
- provide a nurturing classroom and academy environment that helps pupils to develop as learners
- help to maintain/establish discipline across the whole school
- contribute to the effective working of the school
ATT programme structure
You’ll be based in a school of your choice from day one, spending the whole academic year watching your pupils progress. Your training will be a mixture of:
- independent teaching
- team teaching
- professional studies training
- subject specific training
- 1:1 coaching and mentoring
- time built in to work on PGCE assignments (2 for the year)
What we are looking for
- Alignment with our ethos and values
- Excellent communication
- Curiosity and an eagerness to learn
- Evidence of a commitment to working with young people
- Experience of overcoming challenges successfully and resilience
- Ability to demonstrate consistently high standards of personal and professional conduct
- An aptitude for teaching
- Have a grade C/4 or above in maths and English language GCSE.
- At least a 2:2 Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) by the start of the programme.
- Have the right to live and work in the UK for the duration of the programme. We are unable to sponsor visas.
- Not currently hold Qualified Teacher Status.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 August 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment