Ark Teacher Training (ATT) is a school-based programme offering the perfect mixture of theory and classroom practice to develop you into the best teacher you can be. While training with us you will get to:
- engage in daily professional development activities
- plan, resource and deliver lessons to the highest possible standard that ensure learning and progress of all pupils
- provide a nurturing classroom and academy environment that helps pupils to develop as learners
- help to maintain/establish discipline across the whole school
- contribute to the effective working of the school
ATT programme structure
You’ll be based in a school of your choice from day one, spending the whole academic year watching your pupils progress. Your training will be a mixture of:
- independent teaching
- team teaching
- professional studies training
- subject specific training
- 1:1 coaching and mentoring
- time built in to work on PGCE assignments (2 for the year)
What we are looking for
- Alignment with our ethos and values
- Excellent communication
- Curiosity and an eagerness to learn
- Evidence of a commitment to working with young people
- Experience of overcoming challenges successfully and resilience
- Ability to demonstrate consistently high standards of personal and professional conduct
- An aptitude for teaching
To be eligible to teach in the UK and apply to Ark Teacher Training, you must:
- Have a grade C/4 or above in maths and English language GCSE.
- In addition to the above, have a grade C or higher in a GCSE Science subject if you apply to teach primary.
- At least a 2:2 Undergraduate Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) by the start of the programme.
- Have the right to live and work in the UK for the duration of the programme. We are unable to sponsor visas.
- Not currently hold Qualified Teacher Status.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 2 October 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment