Working in the Commercial & Marketing team you will not only help to ensure that we operate commercially, making sure we are reviewing the networks, bus times and routes ensuring we are meeting the needs of the customers and achieving passenger numbers and revenue but also be involved in the marketing side of the business. You will need to be interested in developing your financial acumen and negotiations skills as you will also be working with transport authorities. You will be working on data analysis, which will allow you amongst other things to assess the impact of road works on the bus routes ensuring we maintain punctuality, passenger growth and decline and help plan the bus driver rotas. We work with lots of different systems in the commercial team which will give you a great grounding into all the different systems needed to work in the transport industry.
This graduate scheme will give you a solid data and operational perspective, which could take your career in different directions, working in scheduling, bus depots or towards a Commercial Manager. You could come from a business, marketing, science or maths degree with a logical approach to problem solving and an interest in data analysis and a strong commercial acumen.
Wanted – future leaders
At Arriva we want to find the very best people to help us transform our business. As an Arriva Graduate, you will complete an 18-month programme which is designed to attract and develop future leaders. During the programme, you will have the chance to do placements in different business areas and work alongside experienced leaders, giving you a unique insight into our business and the skills you need to excel within it.
Our vast international business offers many opportunities across a number of locations and it is possible that one of these placements could be based in one of the 14 European countries that Arriva operates in. You will attend a set of international graduate events and training modules where you will gain knowledge about Arriva’s operations, strategy and business model and where you will meet Arriva’s senior managers and Graduates from other countries. As well as your main assignments, you will be working on a project together with other Arriva Graduates. You will be carefully supported by your mentor and will become part of an international Graduate network.
Even after the Graduate Programme we will continue to support your development. Show us good performance and we will show you the great growth opportunities that Arriva can offer you.
We are looking for highly motivated, hardworking and ambitious graduates to join the vibrant and well established Commercial and Marketing Graduate programme, this will be your chance to help continue our Blue Sky thinking and work closely with senior leadership to make a real impact from the word go.
The type of projects, tasks and responsibilities that you will take on during the programme are in the range of:
- Marketing – traditional routes of Campaign management, CRM and Advertising
- Revenue and strategy – future thinking for generating revenue
- Commercial – maximising profitability for the brand in the day to day running of ARRIVA
- Digital and commercial systems – involving all things digital including Apps and on line systems
- New product development – involvement in the research hub focusing on projects such as DRT – Driver Responsive Transport
After successfully completing the Graduate Programme we will work with you to find a suitable role in our business.
Arriva is one of the largest providers of passenger transport in Europe, employing around 60,000 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries each year. Arriva is part of Deutsche Bahn (DB) and is responsible for DB's regional passenger transport services outside Germany.
- You are ambitious, constantly question what needs to be challenged and improved and identify opportunities
- You will have a forward-thinking approach
- You will bring the flexibility to be nationally / internationally mobile
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels internally and externally within a diverse multi-cultural environment.
- You will be results driven with the ability to innovate and implement and drive operational excellence
- See feedback and setbacks as opportunities to learn and improve
- English language skills to business standard required, and fluency in one other language is an advantage
If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a global business apply now and you may be one of the candidates to start the Arriva Graduate Programme in September 2018.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- You must have, or be expecting to achieve a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree preferably in business, science or maths
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: 16/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 16/02/2018