Working as an Engineering graduate you will be able to experience different aspects of the business, spending time on the shop floor, repairing buses, learning the ropes of supervising the workshop and all it entails, agreeing budgets, allocating and planning work, whilst dealing with external and internal stakeholders. You also be able to undertake technical training and encouraged and provided with the opportunity to get professional registered to Charted Engineering status.
This is a fast paced, hands on role where you will be exposed to the grass roots level of engineering straight away - Real world, real time engineering whilst at the same time developing unparalleled managerial skills.
Wanted – future leaders
At Arriva we want to find the very best people to help us transform our business. As an Arriva Graduate, you will complete an 18-month programme which is designed to attract and develop future leaders. During the programme, you will have the chance to do placements in different business areas and work alongside experienced leaders, giving you a unique insight into our business and the skills you need to excel within it.
Our vast international business offers many opportunities across a number of locations and it is possible that one of these placements could be based in one of the 14 European countries that Arriva operates in. You will attend a set of international graduate events and training modules where you will gain knowledge about Arriva’s operations, strategy and business model and where you will meet Arriva’s senior managers and Graduates from other countries. As well as your main assignments, you will be working on a project together with other Arriva Graduates. You will be carefully supported by your mentor and will become part of an international Graduate network.
Even after the Graduate Programme we will continue to support your development. Show us good performance and we will show you the great growth opportunities that Arriva can offer you.
We are looking for highly motivated, hardworking and ambitious graduates to join the Engineering Graduate programme from an engineering background.
The type of projects, tasks and responsibilities that you will take on during the programme are vast but will include:
- Ensuring the huge fleet of buses are road worthy – A huge managerial responsibility
- Reviewing contracts suppliers wise
- Management of engineers and supervising the workshop
- Agreeing budgets, allocating and planning work
After successfully completing the Graduate Programme we will work with you to find a suitable role in our business.
Arriva is one of the largest providers of passenger transport in Europe, employing around 60,000 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries each year. Arriva is part of Deutsche Bahn (DB) and is responsible for DB's regional passenger transport services outside Germany.
- You are ambitious, constantly question what needs to be challenged and improved and identify opportunities
- You will have a forward-thinking approach
- You will bring the flexibility to be nationally / internationally mobile
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels internally and externally within a diverse multi-cultural environment.
- You will be results driven with the ability to innovate and implement and drive operational excellence
- See feedback and setbacks as opportunities to learn and improve
- English language skills to business standard required, and fluency in one other language is an advantage
If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a global business apply now and you may be one of the candidates to start the Arriva Graduate Programme in September 2018.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- You must have, or be expecting to achieve a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree in engineering preferably mechanical or automotive but not essential
Accepted degree subjects
London · North East England · North West England · South East England · South West England · Wales · Worldwide
How to apply
Closing date: 16/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 16/02/2018