We are looking for graduates who would like to join a programme that allows them to learn from the ground up. The Graduate programme is comprehensive and involved and there isn’t anything about working in bus transport that you won’t learn and experience. You will be trained to manage staff and a bus depot, deal with special projects and budgets, work alongside bus drivers, engineers and senior leaders and will even learn how to drive a bus. We are looking for level headed and pragmatic graduates with a logical approach to problem solving who also have the ability to deal with information and tailor it according to the audience. As part of the programme and to make sure you are supported along the way you will have regular catch ups and feedback from senior management in your region, a mentor and a clear career development plan.
Wanted – future leaders
At Arriva we want to find the very best people to help us transform our business. As an Arriva Graduate, you will complete an 18-month programme which is designed to attract and develop future leaders. During the programme, you will have the chance to do placements in different business areas and work alongside experienced leaders, giving you a unique insight into our business and the skills you need to excel within it.
Our vast international business offers many opportunities across a number of locations and it is possible that one of these placements could be based in one of the 14 European countries that Arriva operates in. You will attend a set of international graduate events and training modules where you will gain knowledge about Arriva’s operations, strategy and business model and where you will meet Arriva’s senior managers and Graduates from other countries. As well as your main assignments, you will be working on a project together with other Arriva Graduates. You will be carefully supported by your mentor and will become part of an international Graduate network.
Even after the Graduate Programme we will continue to support your development. Show us good performance and we will show you the great growth opportunities that Arriva can offer you.
We are looking for ambitious and enthusiastic graduates who will create value for the Operations Team.
As we want give you a broad understanding of our business, during the programme you will be rotated through a variety of placements. The type of projects, tasks and responsibilities that you will take on during the programme are in the range of:
- Management and day to day running of a depot
- Exposure to Multi Modal Transport solutions
- Forward thinking projects considering environmental impact of the transport industry
- Opportunity to spend part of your placement abroad
After successfully completing the Graduate Programme we will work with you to find a suitable role in our business.
Arriva is one of the largest providers of passenger transport in Europe, employing around 60,000 people and delivering more than 2.2 billion passenger journeys across 14 European countries each year. Arriva is part of Deutsche Bahn (DB) and is responsible for DB's regional passenger transport services outside Germany.
- You are ambitious, constantly question what needs to be challenged and improved and identify opportunities
- You will have a forward-thinking approach
- You will bring the flexibility to be nationally / internationally mobile
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to engage at all levels internally and externally within a diverse multi-cultural environment.
- You will be results driven with the ability to innovate and implement and drive operational excellence
- See feedback and setbacks as opportunities to learn and improve
- English language skills to business standard required, and fluency in one other language is an advantage
If you’re looking for an opportunity to make a difference in a global business apply now and you may be one of the candidates to start the Arriva Graduate Programme in September 2018.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- You must have, or be expecting to achieve a minimum 2:1 undergraduate degree
Accepted degree subjects
London · North East England · North West England · South East England · South West England · Wales · Worldwide
How to apply
Closing date: 16/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 16/02/2018