Our apprenticeships allow you to study for a qualification while working and learning alongside respected, technical professionals.
About the role
Right now, we're looking for an Advanced Project Controls Apprentice to join our team in London. From your first day, you'll join an unrivalled community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards an accredited qualification.
You'll work within the specialist Construction Planning team that is part of the Programme and Project Management (PPM) practice in London, to support programme and project management commissions won by PPM and engineering services commissions won by other parts of Arup.
The Construction Planning team is a centre of excellence within Arup for Project Planning services for all stages of programmes and projects. Particular focus of the person sought for this role is to support senior planners / scheduler with the control of time during the design and construction stages of engineering projects.
As an Apprentice, Arup will develop your competencies in the following areas:
- Project control
- Technical information
- Estimating practice
- Planning and scheduling practice
- Cost engineering practice
- Work breakdown and coding structures
- Tracking data and progress reporting
- Analysis techniques
- Technical, engineering and mathematical principles
- Importance of safety
- Employer organisation, management systems and procedures
- Commercial matters
- Project controls related software and IT systems
These skills will be developed through practical on-the-job training, working with experienced commercial and project managers across the business and classroom-based training.
You will be assigned a mentor within your team who you will work and liaise closely with you in your day-to-day work.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for committed individuals to join us as apprentices. If you are keen to build a fulfilling career in Project Controls and deliver excellent services for our clients, we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Five or more GCSEs (grade C/4 or above) including English and science
- Grade B/5 or above in maths and English at GCSE
- Enthusiasm for learning and a willingness to achieve professional qualification
- Good numerical skills when working with numbers, spreadsheets and graphical information
- Ability to work well with other people
- Excellent communication skills within a team and external clients
- Ability to think in a methodical way to design, plan and organise projects
- Interest in using computers for planning and design work, analysis, calculations and testing
- The ability to organise your own work and always be on time
What do we offer?
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
You must be ready to commence employment by the end of August 2020 in order to be considered for this role.
Please note that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore, you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 26 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 26 January 2020