Right now we're looking for Civil Engineering Apprentice Technicians to join our team in Liverpool.
From your first day you'll join a community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards an accredited qualification. You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients.
While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
You'll support a variety of different work, including:
- Production of engineering drawings and sketches, including 3D or 2D computer drawings
- Preparation of simple engineering calculations
- Contributing to solutions for design challenges
- Taking part in design meetings, site visits, presentations and workshops
- Helping with the administration of projects
You'll help a team including engineers and other professionals to assess, design and supervise civil engineering works.
You'll work on a wide range of projects - from roads and pavements, to car parks, drainage, and earthworks. Projects and designs will come in all shapes and sizes, and could involve sports stadia, highways, airports, ports, rail schemes, and new buildings.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients such as Highways England, HS2, Sellafield and many others.
As part of your apprenticeship, you'll study towards a level -threequalification in civil engineering with one of our local partner colleges.w
What are we looking for?
We're looking for dynamic and dedicated individuals to join us as apprentices. If you are keen to build a fulfilling career in the design engineering sector and deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you. You'll need to demonstrate the following skills and qualifications:
- Five or more GCSEs (or equivalent qualifications) at grade C/4 or above, including English and science
- Grade B/5 or above in maths at GCSE
- Enjoy working with numbers
- Interest in using computers for design work, calculations and testing
- The ability to organise your own work and always be on time
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Lots of enthusiasm for this learning and development opportunity
What will we offer in return?
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- An exciting workload that will make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
How to apply
You must be available to commence employment in August 2019 in order to be considered for this role.
Please note that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 01/02/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 01/02/2019
Additional job details