Are you interested in a career in Aviation?
As Summer Placement you'll join a team of aviation professionals and can gain a broad range of skills and great industry experience in the early stages of your career.
Our Aviation Advisory team is a multidisciplinary team that collectively provide development solutions and advisory services to airports across the globe. With over 50 years of industry experience, Arup staff have worked on a wide range of projects at more than 100 airports, with over $30 billion in constructed projects. The services we offer include:
- Airport master planning
- Passenger terminal planning
- Airfield planning
- Demand and capacity analysis
- Technical due diligence
- Airport-specific transaction and business investor advice
- Airport Infrastructure cost analysis
- Baggage systems development
- Baggage operations planning and management
- Airfield and terminal simulation
- Ancillary/support facility planning
- Aviation security
- Aviation regulatory advice
- Airport logistics
Our advisory experts work side by side with specialists from a wide range of backgrounds, including transport planners, architects, engineers, business advisors and environmental consultants. Our combined efforts are pushing the boundaries of airport performance, which in turn stimulates growth to economies all around the world.
We work hard to foster good relationships with everyone involved in the planning process – including national governments, regional partnerships or agencies, local planning authorities, airport operators, airlines and developers as well the wider community and stakeholders.
This role is for students studying a relevant degree who are looking to work with us for six-eight weeks starting in June or July 2020.
Your day-to-day responsibilities may include the following:
- Preparation of reports, bids, tenders and client presentations
- Simulation modelling (airfield and terminal)
- Design, analysis and planning of airside, terminal and landside concepts
- Design, analysis and planning of baggage and security processes and systems.
- Collecting benchmark data
- Presenting at team/inter-department meetings
- Use of various computer software ranging from Microsoft Excel through to CAST Terminal and Aircraft simulation, and Aviplan tools
- Planning your workload so that you can deliver on time or ahead of target
- Solving technical problems, and providing innovative solutions as your level of experience develops
- Ensuring the validity of data produced by the team
- Network and liaison with other internal departments to assist with project completion
What we are looking for
We're looking for bachelor or master’s degree students with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow. If you can combine these skills with an understanding of (or willingness to learn about) the aviation and airport planning industry and a desire to deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
- Have an appreciation and understanding of the practical aspects of airports and the aviation industry, as well as the theory studied during your degree
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (other model developing skills such as simulation are also positive)
- Strong data analysis skills
- Strong presentational skills
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Be able to understand and respond to the needs of your clients
- Strong team working skills
- Proficiency in an additional language is a positive but not essential
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in engineering, aviation, planning, international relations, or political science based degree, ideally at a masters level
- Be on track to achieving a 2:1 or above
Accepted degree subjects
- mechanical engineering
- electronic and electrical engineering
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019