We are currently recruiting for Industrial Highways Engineers to join our well-established Highways team during their mid-degree for a 11-12-month placement.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
We ask that you are flexible on location as you may at times be required to work from other locations across the UK. This is dependent upon the needs of our clients and business.
There are infinite possibilities with Arup. You'll receive an insight of the opportunities that a challenging, fulfilling career provides, and:
- A competitive salary
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your skills
What we are looking for
We encourage our Industrial Trainee Highways Engineers to demonstrate drive and motivation, a willingness to learn about our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients. As such, we are looking for the following qualifications, skills and attributes in you:
- Demonstrate strong motivation and passion for a career in Highways
- Interest in and application of digital skills, such as computer coding for design automation and problem-solving is an advantage
- Strong A-levels (or equivalent) at grade B or above
- Studying an MEng or BEng in civil engineering
- On track to achieve a 2:1 or above, as proven through the modules that you have completed to date
Accepted degree subjects
- civil engineering and construction
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019