At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
Due to our global reach and multi-disciplinary approach, Arup has been successful in the assessment and development of major sites for more than 30 years. We typically take on challenging sites and through the application of our skills, and collaboration with colleagues and other professionals, we prepare the sites to be consented and enabled for a range of end uses including small to large mixed-use developments, including housing and employment uses, public spaces, urban and transport related infrastructure and energy generation and distribution. We also provide support on a wide range of projects in the built environment including designing external drainage, utilities, highways and public realm for hospitals, sports stadia, educational and commercial buildings.
Current projects are varied, exciting and often high profile. They include the design of external works for major developments and of infrastructure across the UK, international projects, and site development projects on brownfield land where our integrated approach can radically influence what is built and where thus improving the quality of peoples' lives and of the local environment.
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for Civil Summer Students to join our well-established team across the UK. This is an excellent opportunity for students that are enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the Infrastructure sector to join a multi-disciplinary team for 4-8 weeks (dependent upon location) this summer.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
Depending on performance, there may be an opportunity to receive a permanent offer of employment upon graduating.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities with Arup. You'll receive an insight of the opportunities that a challenging, fulfilling career provides, and:
- A competitive salary
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your skills
What we are looking for
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
- Demonstrate strong motivation and passion for a career in civil engineering
- Ideally graduating in Summer 2021 or 2022
- Interest in and application of digital skills, such as computer coding for design automation and problem-solving is an advantage.
- Strong A-levels (or equivalent) at Grade B or above
- Studying a BEng or MEng in civil engineering
- On track to achieve a 2.1 or above, as proven through the modules that you have completed to date
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 27 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 27 January 2020