At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.We help the world manage its water. The successful design, development and maintenance of our water infrastructure requires the integration of many disciplines. Arup's water team has wide-ranging skills spanning advisory and specialist technical services. We consider the commercial, economic, environmental and social implications of projects. Key areas we work in include asset management, climate change studies, catchment science and management, dams and reservoirs engineering, flood risk management and integrated drainage modelling and network rehabilitation. Other key areas of work include natural flood management, river and waterway engineering, wastewater infrastructure and treatment, water resources management and water treatment and supply.
We aim to offer a complete service, resulting in a team that collaborates with a broad range of other Arup services, and in partnership with clients. Our teams also work closely with many external bodies involved in the delivery of major projects.
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for Water Summer Students to join our well-established team across the UK. This is an excellent opportunity for students that are enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the Infrastructure sector to join a multi-disciplinary team for 4-8 weeks (dependent upon location) this summer.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
Depending on performance, there may be an opportunity to receive a permanent offer of employment upon graduating.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities with Arup. You'll receive an insight of the opportunities that a challenging, fulfilling career provides, and:
- A competitive salary
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your skills
What we are looking for
We're looking for graduates with curiosity, personal drive and technical knowhow.
- Demonstrate strong motivation and passion for a career in Water
- Ideally graduating in Summer 2021 or 2022
- Interest in and application of digital skills, such as computer coding for design automation and problem-solving is an advantage.
- Strong A-levels (or equivalent) at Grade B or above
- Studying a MEng or BEng in civil or environmental engineering
- On track to achieve a 2.1 or above, as proven through the modules that you have completed to date
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 November 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 November 2019