At Arup, we design and deliver ground-breaking icons through our work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services. Independent in ownership and spirit, we're a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts who use our skills to make a positive difference in the world.
We are a truly diverse team of individuals delivering major projects in the UK and across the globe for numerous Clients. Our projects range from long-span bridges to major infrastructure projects that transform and greatly improve our daily lives, such as new transport hubs and major road and rail upgrades.
Major projects today are increasingly sophisticated and challenging. We draw on Arup's global depth of expertise in fundamentals such as geotechnics, wind engineering and seismic design, as well as material sciences and anything a specific project or client may require. We bring these together and coordinate across the range of disciplines to create project teams that utilise the latest digital tools and techniques to deliver bridges and heavy civil engineering structures anywhere in the world. Our overall drive to advance engineering and our commitment to continuous improvement shapes our innovative solutions.
As one of the world's leading building and infrastructure design consultancies, we offer clients the innovation and technical know-how to continually deliver their projects on schedule and on budget, but without compromise.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for Industrial Placement Engineers to join our well-established Bridges team during their mid-degree for a 11-12-month placement.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
We ask that you are flexible on location as you may at times be required to work from other locations across the UK. This is dependent upon the needs of our clients and business.
What we offer
There are infinite possibilities with Arup. You'll receive an insight of the opportunities that a challenging, fulfilling career provides, and:
- A competitive salary
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative, intelligent and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will stretch your mind and make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your skills
What we are looking for
We encourage our Industrial Trainee Bridge Engineers to demonstrate drive and motivation, a willingness to learn about our sector, and a desire to effectively deliver an excellent service to our clients.
- Demonstrate strong motivation and passion for a career in Bridges
- Interest in and application of digital skills, such as computer coding for design automation and problem-solving is an advantage.
- Strong A-levels (or equivalent) at Grade B or above
- Studying an MEng or BEng in civil or structural engineering
- On track to achieve a 2.1 or above, as proven through the modules that you have completed to date
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 13 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 13 December 2019