Arup began developing its own software more than 40 years ago in response to our evolving challenges. Today, our software house Oasys brings relevant, flexible tools to organisations worldwide. Oasys software leads the field in structural, seismic, geotechnical and document management. Its programs are used across 200 countries, by leading designers of the built environment, including the UK's top 25 building design consultants, as well as being used by numerous universities.
We have an exciting opportunity to grow our team of software developers. You’ll join our Solihull office working in a wider team of around 20 developers to develop the market leading Oasys Suite of pre- and post-processing software for the LS-DYNA finite element analysis code (see www.oasys-software.com/dyna for more information).
This software is used in the automotive, nuclear and civil engineering community. Its primary use is testing vehicle crash worthiness for the automotive industry (65%) and object impact worthiness, plus various applications within our seismic, geotechnical and building specialisms.
This apprenticeship leads to a BSc in Digital and Technology Solutions. A mentor will be provided to ensure a smooth transition into the working environment. Many apprentices are also working in a number of other departments, providing a ready-made network for the candidate.
Your responsibilities could include:
- Maintaining automatic software testing systems to include authoring tests; reviewing overnight test logs; triaging and allocating failed tests
- Development of training material for technical courses
- Development of automation processes to facilitate CAE automotive analysis, which will require significant knowledge of Linux and shell scripting (training provided)
- Opportunities to be involved in CAE consulting work
- Development and management of model databases for customer support and training purposes. Will require advanced use of version control systems, such as SVN
What are we looking for?
We're looking for dynamic and dedicated individuals to join us as apprentices. If you’re keen to build a fulfilling career in digital technology and deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- A minimum of 3 A levels at Grade C or above, or equivalent, or a BTEC Level 3 equivalent in a related discipline
- Grade C/4 or above in English and Grade B/5 or above in maths GCSE, or equivalent qualification
We’re keen to meet people with programming and development skills. However, a willingness to learn and enthusiasm for the complex world of buildings, infrastructure, design and consulting is as important as experience of coding, for which support, and training will be provided.
What will we offer in return?
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- A competitive salary
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
Sounds interesting? Here’s some additional information
You must be available to commence employment no later than the end of August 2019 in order to be considered for this role.
Please note that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Arup is a global firm of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical experts. We use our skills to make a positive difference in the world. This is a brilliant opportunity to build a creative career designing and delivering exciting work in infrastructure, building design and specialist technical services.
Our apprenticeships allow you to study for an academic qualification while working and learning alongside respected, technical professionals.
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30/04/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30/04/2019
Additional job details