Our apprenticeships allow you to study for an academic qualification while working and learning alongside respected, technical professionals. You'll study at a local University whilst working on interesting and varied projects, combining your learning experience with real responsibilities in the workplace. A dedicated mentor and our learning and development team will guide you through your personal and professional development.
About the role
Right now we're looking for Digital Degree Apprentices to join our teams in Leeds. From your first day you'll join a community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards an accredited qualification.
You'll help us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients. While you'll have a great deal of responsibility from day-one, we'll give you the chance to take on more as you progress and broaden your skills.
This is a rapid growth area and we want people who can help to expand this further through innovative thinking, enthusiasm and vision. You should be keen to learn and develop your skills as you gain experience in new areas. You will be working towards a Level 6 degree in Digital and Technology Solutions, specialising in data analysis.
The primary role of a data analyst is to collect, organise and study data to provide new business insight. You'll be responsible for providing up-to-date, accurate and relevant data analysis for your colleagues. You will develop an understanding of data structures, software development procedures and the range of analytical tools used in this field. Furthermore, you will document and report the results of data analysis activities making recommendations to improve business performance.
What are we looking for?
We're looking for dynamic and dedicated individuals to join us as apprentices. If you are keen to build a fulfilling career in the design engineering sector and deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you.
We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- Three A-levels at grade C or above or a relevant Level 3 qualification/apprenticeship
- Five or more GCSEs (grade C/4 or above) including English and science
- Grade B/5 or above in maths at GCSE
- Confident working with numbers
- Interest in using computers for design work, calculations and testing
- The ability to organise your own work and always be on time
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Lots of enthusiasm for this learning and development opportunity
What do we offer in return?
There are infinite possibilities when you join Arup. You'll receive all the opportunities that come with a challenging, fulfilling career, including:
- Profit share scheme
- A comprehensive package, including a flexible benefits fund and a generous pension
- An interesting and varied workload where you'll make a tangible difference to the world
- A collaborative and friendly team in an excellent working environment
- A challenging workload that will make the most of your skills
- The support you need to develop your career through professional accreditation and training
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
You must be available to commence employment no later than August 2020 in order to be considered for this role.
All correspondence relating to the selection process will be issued via email. Please ensure you check your emails regularly to receive up-to-date information on your application.
Please note that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role. Therefore, you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 26 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 26 January 2020