Our apprenticeships allow you to study for an academic qualification while working and learning alongside respected, technical professionals. You'll study at a local University whilst working on interesting and varied projects, combining your learning experience with real responsibilities in the workplace. A dedicated mentor and our learning and development team will guide you through your personal and professional development.
About the role
Right now we're looking for Environmental Practitioner Degree Apprentices to join our teams in Manchester. From your first day you'll join a community of experts, where everyone is supported in their career path and encouraged to work towards an accredited qualification. We have a growing team of specialists working in environmental impact assessment, ecology, water, carbon and sustainability. You'll work across these disciplines, helping us to deliver effective and professional services for a range of varied and high-profile clients.
What are we looking for?
If you are keen to build a fulfilling career in environmental consultancy and deliver excellent services for clients, we'd like to hear from you. We're looking for the following qualifications, attributes and skills:
- You'll be in your final year or have completed your A-levels (or equivalent qualifications) at grade C or above science, maths and geography or a relevant Level 3 qualification/apprenticeship
- You'll have five GSCEs (or equivalent level) at grade C / level 5 or above which must include English, maths and science
- You'll have a keen interest in caring for the environment
- You'll be keen to improve your digital skills (including GIS)
- You will be a good communicator with a willingness to put forward your own ideas
- You'll be keen to work with others as part of an enthusiastic team both in the office and in the field
- Lots of enthusiasm for this fantastic career opportunity in an important sector
What will we offer in return?
You will get the opportunity to work with experienced environmental professionals in a collaborative, friendly and supportive environment while working towards an Environmental Practitioner Degree Apprenticeship at University over a five-year (?) period on a day release basis.
You will develop your skills by working on a range of projects and will be able to take advantage of additional training and support that is available to all of our junior staff.
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
You must be available to commence employment no later than August 2020 in order to be considered for this role.
Please note that we are unable to offer visa sponsorship for this role so you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 26 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 26 January 2020